Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Aric's hidden talent

Three days in a row, with the exception of Sunday, Aric has been canning apricots and peaches. The other night as he was canning some peaches I was so occupied with taking pictures of Aren in her PJ so I can post it and show her off. Then Aric asked me why I was taking pictures of silly things and not of him canning so I can show others what a good caner he is. I almost started laughing and I couldn't believe that Aric would say that because he hates taking pictures and it didn't even cross my mind that day to take a picture of him. Often he is not decently dressed for a picture, but this time he asked for a shirt. LOL I wasn't able to take a picture the on Saturday, but this picture was taken on Monday after family home evening. He did it all by himself, I only added the sugar and cleaned up after him which was pretty sticky.They look so yummy and we got the peaches for almost nothing. Aric is a good negotiator when he wants to be one.
Here he is wearing a shirt so he can pose for the picture. He is really proud of himself and I am too. he has so many hidden talents and it has been hard to Cook for him because he likes everything too spicy. He eats everything I cook, but not without commenting on it. LOL Lately I haven't been cooking as much because he gets home late and he is watching his weight. I have been doing things that I crave and then he takes what is left to work next day. :D
Last night he made some peach gem; He made some more on Saturday. This time he got the peaches for absolutely free. he went to the farmers and asked them if they had any peaches that people didn't want and they gave them all to him. The peaches were a little bit too soft, but good for making gem. This morning we ate some of the peach gem he made lost night and it was delicious. This time I only helped him by handing him the lemon juice. LOL He also cleaned up after himself and he made sure to let me know this morning that he washed the dishes after himself. The stove was sticky though, but I was so happy I didn't have to do dishes. I am so proud of him and my mom would be so non-proud of me for letting Aric do my job. LOL He enjoyed it though and lately he's been into food storage a lot. And the time he chooses to can I am so tired that all I want to do is be lazy and relax or sleep. :D
Maybe you can tell from the above picture that Aric didn't put the lid all the way on the jars. He told me that he was going to use them for something else and that it was enough just the upper part to keep them sealed. So much like Aric. LOL Oh, and by the way, I washed the jars this morning because he asked me too. :D

3 comments:

Livia said...

Annie, sa sti ca nu mi-a venit sa cred ca voi singuri ati facut gemul. Ce bine ca stiti cum. Bravo voua, inspecial lui Aric.
Vreau si eu acum!!!!!!!!!

Ioana said...

Bravo, Aric! Gemurile arata tare bune! Yummy!:)

Miky said...

Felicitari,Aric,arata super!
Va pupam cu drag pe toti patru.