Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!!

We made our gingerbread house the Monday before Christmas and it was a real challenge; Aren ate all the candies that she could get a hold on. Then we had to put the ginger bread house out of reach otherwise all our work would have been waisted in seconds.
Aric was the frosting guy and he even filled Aren up. :D Aren was confused but enjoyed it.
This was our Christmas tree with the presents underneath. Aric added some more the next day.
On Christmas morning Aren didn't know what to do with all the presents and surprisingly she didn't even touch them which gave me enough time to prepare the meal and even take a shower. We had sarmale (stuffed cabbage) and ciorba de perisoare (meatball soup). I also made an apple pie with the caned apples that Aric and I made a few months ago.

Aren most have been sick or something because a day before she attempted to open up a present that she got from a friend. :D She started opening presents when we gave her the first one. This year I bought her the fisher price little people toys and she absolutely loves them. She wasn't as happy about the tricycle as I thought she would be, but it will be good for Summer time. The tricycle had Dora stickers to go with it, but I don't like Dora so I haven't put them on yet. Aren doesn't even watches that show yet and I figured that it could also work for our little Adam latter on. Maybe I will find some other cool stickers with Nemo or something that could work for both genders. LOL I know I am weird, but oh well.
This is one of my presents from Aric; he got really creative with the wrapping.
Then at the end of the day I decided to put the ginger bread house on the table and see what happens; Aren ate a few candies off of it.
Christmas is my favorite season of all and this one was very peaceful and nice. It is so magical and special that I wish it would last longer. This year we also tried to create new traditions that we can build on. A new tradition this year was to go to a movie on Christmas day; we watched Bedtime stories and I think it was a nice movie. It was one of Aren's first movies at the theatre and by the end of the movie it was obvious that it was her bed time. :D In rest we relaxed, ate a lot, and read the story of Christmas. It was truly a peaceful celebration.

4 comments:

Aurelia said...

nu te-am prins pe net!
ce fain ca ai facut papa bun!

I love aric's present.. truly creative.. LOL..
aren e asa draguta..
mi-e dor de tine.. a fost ciudat craciunul fara voi!

Ioana said...

Imi place cadoul de la Aric cu duct tape! LOL Ce original!:)
Aren e atat de scumpa! Imi place numele pe care l-ati ales pentru bebe, Adam. Tare frumos!

Miky said...

Frumos cadou!Casuta e super,cand am vazut-o mi sa facut pofta de dulciuri,arata minunat!
Sa aveti un an nou fericit si multa sanatate!Multi pupicei lui Aren si Adam si voua cu drag:Dxxx
p.s.Aren se face tot mai frumoasa!

Livia said...

Ce Craciun fericit ati avut voi! Se vede bucurie mare!!!
Imi pare rau ca nu am avut o sansa sa ne intalnim de sarbatori. Drumurile au fost destul de rele pline de zapada si am incercat sa calatorim cat mai putin posibil.