Thursday, March 4, 2010

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


At the beginning of this year I was a little bit disappointed. I wanted to read some good books, but I did not know where to start and what I was really interested in.
Last year I read quite a bit and one of the series that I read was the Twilight series. When the movies came out I hared many complaints form those who have not read the book and I thought that it was so unfair to judge the whole thing if you did not read it. It is a different experience when you read a Book rather than you watch a movie; they can't incorporate everything in the movie and you might miss out.
That was one of the reasons I wanted to read the Harry Potter books; I never understood the movies and they annoyed me so much. My husband always wanted to watch them when they were on TV. So I decided to read it and see what I thought of it. Aurelia gave me the first Book and I read it in 3 days. I loved it!!! Now I told Aric that I want to watch the movie again and then read the second Book and so forth.

There are so quotes that I like. Unfortunately I did not mark everything I liked, but here are some of them;


After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure


money and life... The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them (297)


It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that. (?)


"The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution." (298)


"Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign ... to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. (...) It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good." (299)

2 comments:

Stanca said...

Bravo Annie! Si eu abia acum citesc the Twilight series. :-) Am vazut primul film, pe al doilea l-am pierdut, dar astept sa iasa pe DVD; pana atunci citesc cartea...:)
De asemenea La Multi Ani lui Adam! Sunteti o familie frumoasa de tot! xoxo

Livia said...

Ok, eu nu prea sunt in the Twilight series dar imi plac cartile de Harry Potter. Annie am nou blog spune-mi daca iti place:)