Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day

Although not everyone heared about Payson, it is very famous for its Onion Days. During labor day there is a parade and we are fortunate to live on Main Street where the Parade is going on. This is the only time of the year when I am so happy to live on Main Street. Otherwise I don't really like it because there are no real neighbors around that I could possibly hang out with. We did not have to wake up early to go to the parade and worry about parking. We relaxed in the morning and if we needed anything it was close to get it.
Well, my brother in law, Curtis, is really into swing bikes. He has a whole collection of them and he also sells them on ebay. He makes pretty good money off of them. Maybe it looks like a normal bike, but it is not. It is so hard to ride it. During the parade as we were waiting for other carts and bands to show up we rode our bikes down the street and it felt like we were part of the parade.
Aric as usual, fixed a car. Last year during the same day he fixed my dented car and this year he had to fix it again because I hit a bush in our yard. I have to refine my driving skills. It did not take as long to fix the car and then he joined us in watching the parade. This husband of mine can't relax, he always has to do something because otherwise he feels that he is waisting his precious time.
After the parade Aren took a nap and afterwards we tried to go to a mud race, but it was not free so we did not go. I didn't really mind because I don't really enjoy watching cars race in the mud. We went to a carnival that was in Payson. We only went on one ride but it was ok, Aren did not really know what was going on anyways. The Bible Church was also giving out free cookies. They gave us a whoe box because nobady really wanted their cookies. They also gave us afree copy of the book of John and we talked to them for a while. It was interesting because Aric told me afterwards that they had pamphlets against the LDS Church. I always feel that it is a bad thing to put another religion down. There is so much to do in the world than bashing others.

2 comments:

Aurelia said...

ce fain!
lol funny things about aric. Yes i can see him fixing the car on a labor day!! lol

Adina Bucknall said...

my dear husband is also obsessed of doing something "constructive" whwnever he is not resting...in front of the computer.
wish i had a car and a license. or maybe an expensive motorcycle....