Monday, October 15, 2007

A painful day

Today I had to go to pay off some of my credit cards and I decided to go to spend some time at the mall and look for curtains for my bedroom. I have a hard time finding what I like and I might have to buy material and make it myself. I am not very crafted and talented, but they have so many ideas and kits that I might just do well. Aren is not feeling that well either and I thought that a walk would do well for her. As we were at JC Pennys Aric called and he told me that he was at the hospital having a surgery. I thought that he was kidding but he was serious. He squashed his fingers at his job. He was moving a piece of pipe and his boss pushed the pipes further before Aric got a chance to move his fingers. It seems that it was a miscommunication and that the boss did not want the pipes removed only pushed farther. I ran to the hospital and I did not realize that he was still in the surgery room. I went inside his room and I watched the doctor put stitches in his finger. His middle finger was the worst and he has 21 stitches on it. It was cut open and the doctor had to numb it a few times because he was still feeling some pain. He had 29 stitches all together; he had no stitches on his pointer because he only cut the tip off and they put a bandage over it. He felt pretty good after the surgery but as we came home he told me that he was in pain. The medication lost its effect and fortunately he bought some at the hospital and now he is resting. As he told me about his finger I felt his pain. It is interesting how you can feel pain only by thinking at what happened. I am a sensitive person and if I see blood I faint. I did well though and Aren watched the surgery too. She is so funny because she had no idea what was going on. She doesn't know yet that certain things are scary, One day she was chasing a bug on the floor. I didn't say anything because I don't want her to be afraid of things, I only removed her and disposed of the bug. I don't want her to scream he never she sees a bug as I do occasionally. :D
Well I was trying to look at the positive side of things. I thought that Aric will spend some more time with me, but he informed me that he still has one hand and that he can work with what he has, so my hopes are gone. He will find something to do because he can't just stay at home. Another positive thing is that his work payed for everything so we didn't have to worry. Lately I am trying to find the positive in life. I realized that if I am negative about things then I won;t enjoy life as much. I am happy Aric feels better and that it wasn't worse than it is because he can still move his fingers and he did not brake any bones or injured any nerves there.

4 comments:

Adina Bucknall said...

Poor Aric and poor you!
I think we are at the age when things start to happen and we obviously can't stop living our lives to contemplate much. And we have to do our best with what we'ge got. I am also trying to remind myself to be more positive. It feels like I've changed so much since I left home.

Hope Aric will get better soon and will have his hand back to work properly. He must be very frustrated with the whole thing. But hopefully he is not too hard on himself!

Livia said...

Ce binecuvantare ca nu si-a pierdut degetele. In rest ai dreptate mai bine sa fi pozitiva decat negativa. Eu incerc mereu sa vad lucrurile bune din toate celea.
Sper ca Eric sa se vindece rapid!

Aurelia said...

vai de mine.. nu pot sa cred. Totusi ma bucur ca nu si-a pierdut degetele.
si faptul ca Aric a spus ca poate lucra cu mana cealalata.. SO ARIC!! lol

Ioana said...

Ouch! Saracul de el!!! Si eu ma bucur ca nu si-a pierdut degetele, si bine ca ei platesc pentru tot. Sper tare mult sa se vindece cat mai repede! E bine ca incerci sa te concentrezi pe aspecte pozitive. Si eu incerc la fel, desi cateodata e cam greu...:)