Monday, November 19, 2007

Aren's First Birthday

Aren turned one today and I can't believe that one year already passed by. We took her professional pictures on Saturday and she was wearing this beautiful dress I found at Nordstrom on sale. I fell in love with the dress and it looked unique in a way. The pictures turned out pretty well; I am pleased with them. I took a picture of some of them that I hung on the wall, but they look better if you could see the real ones. I also took Christmas pictures that I have not posted yet, maybe at a different time. The lady that took the pictures was trying to make Aren smile and she was so silly that I started laughing. At the beginning Aren was very cooperative, but by the last picture she was squirmy. Then on Sunday we had a Tinkerbell party. Her birthday was on Monday the 19Th but she was born on a Sunday so I thought it was OK to have a party that day. I was planning on making a cake, but I was so tired that I decided that it was better and safer to just buy one. I didn't let her jump in the cake because she didn't need that much sugar. I invited Aric's family and one other friend. Our house was full with people and Aren enjoyed it. She was very happy and she really likes people. Fortunately 2 of her cousins came too. We only served 2 kinds of deeps and the cake, but they turned out pretty good and the food was gone pretty fast. We also had pink lemonade and other options for those who preferred something else.Aren received a lot of gifts; clothes, a toy, and hair clippers. She enjoys her toys very much because they make noise. I bought her a popper and she doesn't play with it that much, but she enjoys it when I run around in the house with it. Soon she will have more courage to play with it on her own. She also got a toy where she puts balls in a hole and they come out and make noise. It is pretty funny to watch her play. I posted more pictures on Ringo of the party. Feel free to check them out.

7 comments:

Adina Bucknall said...

weeeee. i am the first one to leave a message!!
i like the pictures you posted on Ringo. the purple and all the balloons and the cake looked all yummy and intiving! wish we lived there so we can come join the party with you :D

Adina Bucknall said...

and you looked cute. did you dye your hair?

Annie Hawkins said...

mi-am facut niste suvitze la inceputul lui Octombrie, si da totul era asa de delicios ca nici nu a mai ramas. A doua zi Gary a venit sa mai ceara tort si stiu ca daca ar fi fost facut de mine nu ar fi cerut, dar am aflat ca era tortul lui preferat in ciuda faptului ca Aric a zis ca nu e o idee buna sa luam acel tort.

Livia said...

La multi ani Aren! Rochita este superba si imi place cum ai inramat fotografiile. Foarte dragut!

Aurelia said...

Happy birthday aren! nu pot sa cred ca are un an, si nici nu o cunosc inca.. so sad..

imi place cum ai decorat de ziua ei.. si tortul arata supper yummy!

si imi plac pozele si ramele super mult.

Ioana said...

La multi ani, Aren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imi place tare mult rochita!

Miky said...

ma bucur nespus de mult ca am avut ocazia sa-ti tin fetita in brate si sa am grija de ea la societatea primara.
am fost atat de emotionata , cand vedeam cum se joaca cu madalina. parca erau surori ;asa de bine seamana
si amandoua sant la fel de active.
ma bucur de asemanea ca o sa fim impreuna la capela , atunci cand vine mosul :}