Thursday, January 10, 2008

What used to be Primary!

Alexandra (Miron) joined the church before she turned eight; she was a member before I got the chance to get baptised. She was in my primary class for a shorter amount of time than the other children. Now she is 18 years old.

Emma (Miron) is 13 years old and she couldn't even talk or walk when I first met her. I stayed at their house for a while and she was the kindest child ever. She had a great understanding of fasting. One day I asked her what she would do with a great sum of money and she told me that she would buy medication for her mom to help her feel better. She always cared about others. One day I asked her to tell me what her mother's name was and she got confused and said, "mother". I told her that her mother must have a name beside the title mother, and then she said "Sora Miron". She was so cute.
Simona (Herghelegiu) is 13 years old and she was always a happy child. I used to stay at their house for a while and she used to have nightmares, but she told me that if she prayed they would sometimes go away. She was also a great missionary; one day on the train as we were comming back from the new chappel in Ploiesti she told a man how beautiful that building was and that it had a great primary room. Then the man asked her the name of the church and she got all confused and said "it is something about Jesus Christ". She knew the most important part. Then another day her mother asked her who she would marry if she was old enough. She said her father to which her mother told her that she couldn't marry him, then she said Marius, and then again she was told that he is her brother and she can't marry anyone from her family. She got really upset and then she said Elder Dorr. She had a crush on him although she was very young.
Marius (Herghelegiu) is now 15 and I didn't even recognize him. He used to be a shy little boy, we were good friends. He didn't want me to go on my mission because he was afraid I would forget them.I don't even know how old Maria (Nutzi) is. She is 10 or 11 I guess. She didn't really say much, but she was always so happy.
Vali (Nutzi) is probably around 14. She was always so tiny and she had a beautiful voice. In the Christmas scene I always put her as a prophet because she had the voice of a prophet. She played the violin and was so talented. She and her sisters always jumped in my arms when they saw me in the city.

I think Adela (Nutzi) is 16 and she has become a beautiful young lady. She used to be very energetic in my class. She was the oldest child in her family and she always took good care of her sisters.
As you can see, I am getting older and the kids that once used to be in primary are outgrowing me in hight. It was a nice feeling to be back home and see some of them, but at the same time I miss the old times when we used to have so much fun. There are some more children that I didn't have a chance to see or take pictures of, but maybe next time I will. Now there are few children in primary and they don't even come every Sunday.

1 comment:

Adina Bucknall said...

funny what memories you have about Ema. I don't remember her much from when she was young cause she was always with mom or at chirch or with Ana. never with me around. I think I remember she liked some green, fluffy toy I had...andI think I had to give it to her. LOL that's all