Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Help is wanted!!!!

Yesterday it was a weird day in my life. Aren has a deep love for candles or anything that smells good. She finds all my candles and pokes them, smells them, and even licks them. yesterday as I was resting a little bit she got a hold of my candle dish; it is a metal candle warmer. She painted herself with the candle and I didn't know what to do to clean her up. her whole face was covered with soft wax; her eyebrows were so sticky. I put her in the bathtub, but all it did was to make her waxier and shinier. I was so upset and sick of that smell and now I know why she had that sweet smell all week long; she must have played with that candle before. Does anyone have any idea how to get wax out of hair? I looked it up in the Internet and they said to use a hair drier and paper towel, but it doesn't really work because it is close to her face and I might burn her.
By the time I cleaned her up a little bit, I got so exhausted that I felt the need to lay down in my bed. I wasn't there for too long when i hared Aren spiting. I thought that she might be vomiting due to candle licking, but she got a hold of my deodorant and she took a bite out of it. I yelled at her and then we both cried; I was crying because I didn't know how to stop her from getting into stuff. I close the doors and she still manages to find something to mess with. I always need to watch her. She is a pretty good girl, but way too active and curious.
I wanted to take some pictures, but I was so furious that I didn't. here is a picture of Aren taken a few days ago with her food choices. She does this every day; empties my pantry. This time she pulled out a jar of sauerkraut, a can of chicken, and the 2 boxes of Zesta. LOL Not a bad choice at all. My living room is full of cans and food; she doesn't go hungry at all although she still weighs 20 pounds at 20 months. I think all that energy that she has burns her calories. LOL I wish I could keep in shape although I want to be in the chart; I think she is out of the chart. No worries, she looks good and healthy, probably she has light bones or something. If you could see her belly - she is in a competition with me now that I am pregnant. LOL

7 comments:

Ioana said...

O data am incercat sa folosesc ceara si au spus pe cutie ca daca vrei sa o dai jos fara ca sa iasa si parul, sa pui lavender oil. Nu stiu unde il gasesti, dar era in cutie si a mers perfect.
Aren e o dulceata. Si ai mei intra in toate, dar daca le spun de o suta de ori ca nu e pentru ei, pana la urma "get the idea"LOL De asemenea, am pus locks la anumite usi si sertare unde nu trebuie sa umble.
Sper ca e de ajutor! Succes!

Claudine said...

Have you tried peanut butter? It seems to get a lot of things out, maybe even wax? I don't know. but I can sure relate to having those days when the kids get into EVERYTHING! We had one of those days on Monday and I had to put Isaac and me in time out *still breathing heavy*. Hang in there, and hopefully Aren will learn to leave mommy's things alone more often. Sorry you had such a rough day!!!

Livia said...

Annie, Si noi avem cateva cabinete inchise fiindca Andrew se joaca cu totate lucrurile din casa. Cred ca este varsta la care sunt foarte curiosi si trebuie sa incerce ei pe pielea lor pana invata. Nu stiu ce sa-ti spun despre ceara fiindca intradevar cred ca trebuie sa o incalzesti ca sa poti sa o dai jos dar fiind pe cap este mult mai greau.Incearca ce a zis Ioana si daca nu ai lavender oil poate o sa mearga si cu baby oil.
Imbratisarii de la mine si sper sa ai succes!

Annie Hawkins said...

chestia e ca Aren nu le ea din dulap. Le gaseste in baie si se urca peste tot sa le ia. Inchid usa de obicei, dar daca uit e vai de capul meu. In ultima vreme sa apucat sa rontaie la cartofi si castraveti; LOL de aia nu imi pasa dar e haios ca face asa. Si lumanarea e pe masa deobicei in mijloc si nu are cum sa o ajunga. Asta pe care a luat-o a fost in camera mea si am ps-o foarte ss, dar degeaba. Am cumparat niste chestii sa punem pe dulapuri, dar cred ca ea a dat de ele si sunt imprastiate prin casa. Tre sa ma uit din nou unde sunt daca nu sa iau cateva.

Aurelia said...

dragutza de Aren. Parca o vad!
Ai rabdare cu ea, e mica si e la varsta curiozitatii! E si primul tau copil si e mai diferit.

te testeaza, si incearca sa vada cu ce poate sa "get away with".

esti o mamica buna! o sa te obisnuiesti!
beiu

Ioana said...

Ce s-a intamplat cu ceara? Ai reusit sa o scoti? :)

Annie Hawkins said...

Ioana,
Ceara in parul lui Aren era destul de moale. Era mai mult uleis decat bucati de lumanare. Parul ei arata foarte stralucitor acum si de parca nu l-am spalat de zile. Acum se simte mai bine si nu prea am facut nimic inafara sa il spal de cateva ori si am incercat sa il usuc cu uscatorul si hartie, dar nu a mers asa de bine.