Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Labor Day
There is always a first in everything!!!We had the most interesting Labor Day parade that anyone from this little city can remember. Usually it is a hot day and people try to stay away from the rays of the Sun. This time it was pouring outside, hailing, and very cold. we were lucky that my brother in law has a porch and we could hide from the rain. I bought some blankets so people could get warm under them.
I thought that they might not go along with the parade, but to my surprise, they did it. It was so fun watching them and cheering for them. we also got candy and drinks; we warmed our hands on the pop cans - it was pretty pathetic. i was thinking of making hot chocolate for everyone, but I had not enough cups for everyone.
Well, real pioneers; the rain didn't stop them from pulling that cart.
And what made it even more romantic was that Aric couldn't fix his car or anything he wanted to fix during the parade. His yearly tradition failed and I didn't mind it. We cuddled under a blanket and it was so romantic. He was mine this day, well - almost the whole day because he managed to fix some stuff before the day ended but we spent most of the day together, we went to a Spanish festival in Provo and ate some good cookies-cakes.
Aren took a very late nap and by the time she woke up it got dark outside. I still had some tickets for the carnival rides in Payson and we decided to take a walk. it was so beautiful and it brought back memories from my childhood; we always rode the carousel and other rides in the night. It also felt like Halloween or Christmas. I wore my winter jacket; it was in the low 50's outside. We will probably always remember this day. It was just so different and so pleasant. I made some warm soup and it turned out the way I wanted. :D I can't wait for the winter season to come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Nu-mi vine sa cred ca n-au oprit parada! Si eu abia astept sa vina iarna. E prea cald vara...:)
That is awesome that they went ahead with the parade. My extended family is usually in the parade with the bagpipes--wonder if that was them. Definitely memorable for everyone!
Si aicea astazi a fost foarte rece si ploios. Cand este vremea asa, tot ceea ce vreau este sa stau acasa si sa citesc- sau sa vizionez un film bun.
Ma bucur ca ai avut un timp placut cu sotul tau:)
ce as fi vrut sa fiu acolo cu tine!
ma bucur ca aric nu a putut sa faca nimic..LOL
Post a Comment