Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thanksgiving Weekend
For Thanksgiving this year we went to Red Bluff, California which is a 10 hour ride from where we live. My mother in law moved up there from Alaska after she got married; what a change of lifestyle and temperature. :D We had a great time there; the food was delicious and shopping was interesting. I love shopping and I don;t like it when I don't know where I am going or what I am looking for. We went to Joe Ann's Fabric store and spent over 2 hours in line; it was craziness, but fun. My mother in law is into quilting and she bought tons of fabric. She even shared some with me and I am making a receiving blanket for my son which should be done really soon. I bought Halloween stuff for really cheep which made me happy and made it a little bit more worthwhile. Then we went to the outlet stores and the only familiar store that I liked was GAP.
I have no clue when this picture was taken. Aric claims that I left the camera on the table and that his brother Curtis was taking random pictures. Aric took a same picture at the MTC when he was a missionary and now everyone is doing it. I think the picture was taken in the morning because Aren is in her PJ's and I was probably out shopping or something. :D
My in laws have a swimming pool and it is covered for the Winter season. Aren thought it was a trampoline and she started jumping on it. We thought nothing of it because it was securely fastened around the pool, but then Aren found some "gold".
I couldn't get her out of the pool; she enjoyed it so much even if the water was pretty cold and the temperature wasn't that hot either. Aric got into the hot tub that evening after a chiropractor played with his bones. LOL Aren wanted to get inside the hot tub so bad, but it was way too hot.
Aren fell in love with the big duckie and as Aric was in the hot tub I had to compromise with her and I gave her a bath with the duckie. She enjoyed it so much. She took the duckie all over and it was her mode of transportation. :D
This Thanksgiving was pretty good. I love going out of town and doing something different; I love spending the holidays with family. Somebody at church said that thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday because everyone put up their Christmas stuff. In a way it is true although I waited till Monday to put up the Christmas tree and I bought some Thanksgiving decorations that were on sale. LOL Also in church the lesson was about complaining less and being grateful for what we have because as a nation we are so blessed. I tend to complain some and want more, but I am so thankful for what I have and what I became over the years which is mainly due to my belief system, my education, my friends and my family. Since I had Aren I started enjoying thanksgiving even more and somehow see the magic of it that I never saw; taking in consideration that I only celebrated thanksgiving since 2001. LOL It is not a Romanian holiday, but being Hungarian we celebrated it. In my previous church they have a Thanksgiving ceremony and then we eat afterwords with our families, but there is no decorations or turkey. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You may not have had turkey in Romania, but you had sarmale, and that is better than turkey ANY DAY. :) Looks like you had a great holiday weekend!
Imi place poza cu Aren in uscator! LOL Ce frumos v-ati distrat!
Ce misto! Imi place tare poza cu rata cea roz.
O sa fim in Utah pentru doua saptamani la sfarsitul lui Decembrie. Mi-ar placea sa iesit la cina impreuna cu Ioana si Peterson daca se poate. Mai ti tu legatura cu el?
Post a Comment