Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome Baby Adam



We went to the hospital at 5 am and they forgot about us so we waited for 1 hour in the waitingroom. Finally they admitted me in the hospital and they did all the preparaton for the C section. I became really anxious and tired at the same time; I was shivering and scared at the same time and I did not understand why I planned for a C Section. They put me on IV's and gave me the epidural. but I was still cold and I was nut totally numb. Things went on pretty quickly and because my doctor had some other emergencies that morning Adam was delivererd by dr. Gamett which I didn't mind because he is one of the best and more experienced over there. They put a warm blanket over me because I was so cold and all of the sudden all I wanted to do was to sleap. I was in pain and afraid that I might be feeling the operation which I actually did for most of the part. I felt all the pressure and some pain and they kept giving me more epidural which made me tired and at the end I got finally numb.Adam was born at 7 52 am and he was 7 pounds 7 onces and 18.5 inches long. As soon as they pulled him out he cried and they lifted him up so I could see him throught the curtain. I got really emotional but at the same time I was so tired and out of it. I fell asleap and for the next 2 days I couldn't keep my eyes opened.

Aric spent the most of his time with Aren and he came over to visit. I didn't want him to sleep in the hospital because it would have been uncomfrtable and anyways the nurses were helping me with the baby and they had him in the nursery for most of the evening time. During my C section Aren went to Maria's house and the next day she went to some relatives of Aric but he said that she seemed unhappy so for the next day and a half Aren spent most of her days with daddy and she enjoyed it. Aric fixed some cars and sold some metal and he said he made more money in one day than in almost a week; he was very excited to pay for a downpayment at the hospital without having to touch his savings account. He was also so happy to have a son and he has big plans for him although I have my own plans as well. LOL





Adam looked so funny in this little tanning bed. LOL He had to stay there for a while because his skin was yellow because of jundis. He really enjoyed it probably because it was warm. I missed him so much and even in the evening I was waiting for them to finally bring him to me si I could spend some time with him. I got rested pretty well and it also helped me be rested when I came home. Adam sleeps really well; sometimes 5 hours at a time and I try to rest at the same time sO I could enjoy every minute with him. Aren was still looking for Adam in my belly, but when she realized that Adam was real she was excited. She couldn't belive that we allowed her to hold him although we had to be careful because she was not holding his head properly. She went through a little gelousy issues and throughing tantrums, but she seems to be doing better especially because Aric tries to envolve her in everything he does and she loves going outside with daddy. She keeps kissing me and Aric sid that she missed me while I was gome and she looked for me for a while after spending a whole day without any of us.
I enjoy having a seconf child and I adjusted easier because I knew what to expect in a way. I still have a hard time breastfeeding because it hurts so bad and I wander if it will ever go away. Now I have a nipple shield that helps me with breastfeeding, but it still hursts most of the time. I can't wait for the soreness to go away. I also started to have some back pain from the epidural and it is anoying. Above all of these, my feet and legs are so swollen that they hurt so bad. Nevertheless, I love being a mom and I love my kids more and more everyday if that is even posible.

8 comments:

Miky said...

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa!Ce frumos este!Sa fie sanatos si cuminte.Enii arati bine dupa nastere:D
Ce frumos il tine Aren:D
Bun venit mamii in clubul mamicilor cu doi copii!!!

Claudine said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, your little man is very handsome! Sorry to hear things didn't go as smooth as you wanted with the c-section, but at least that is all over and your sweet little baby boy is here. Felicitari!!

Ioana said...

Felicitari!!!! Adam e frumos foc! Si tu arati excelent! Imi pare tare rau ca ai simtit durerea in timpul operatiei. Sper sa te vindeci repede.
Ai o familie tare frumoasa!

Aurelia said...

Annie, e o dulceata! yeah, welcome to the club of two kids..hehe..
e diferit sa ai 2 copii, dar e fain!

e bine ca doarme bine, si ca breastfeeding merge bine.. sa nu give up..
mai vorbim noi oricum..

beiu

Livia said...

Annie, din nou felicitari!
Adam este pretios. O sa vezi ce diferenta mare este cu baieti dar sunt foarte dulci.
Aren arata deja ca este o sora mare tare iubitoare.

Jed and Kate said...

Eni, Congratulations!! He is such an adorable little boy! You are amazing for going through all of that in order to bring him here. I'm glad everything it all went ok and that you're all together now as a family. You're such a wonderful mommy!!
-Kate

Adina Bucknall said...

i keep looking at the pictures and i can't believe you have 2 kids now!! Adam is cute :D

Adina Bucknall said...

I read your post again. Nice to know you are enjoying yourself. Hope your body will get better in the next month.