Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In case you wanted to know

Well, since I have my food blog, I decided to try out some of the recipes from other people and see if I like them. This particular night I made the donuts from Claudine's blog and they turned out pretty good; they were so good that Aren herself ate 6 of them. They kind of tasted like Romanian "gogosi". Aren helped me quite a bit and she was trying to eat the dough although I told her it was not that good. When I made the glaze, she attacked it. LOL I really think she already has cavities and I am afraid of taking her to the dentist; at least these are temporal teeth, but she still has ways to go till she looses them. :D
Then Aren's cousin, Heylee, slept over on my B'day and they had lots of fun coloring and playing. Aren's closet leads to our closet, but it is blocked by her dresser. Haylee taught her how to climb up over her dresser into our closset and I got a little upset at the beginning because all Aren wanted to do was to climb up. Haylee told me that Aren told her to do it. LOL I wish Aren could speak that well.
The other day Aren was playing on her own and she was singing a song and saying Adam's name over and over. She is so cute; she already loves the baby so much and kisses my belly often. Now Aren learned how to count in 3 languages; she does the best in Hungarian, then English and then Romanian. She counts up to 10 with little or no help, depending on her mood.
The other day we went to a neighbour's house and she was playing with a little frog. She was calling the frog beka because that's how you say it in Hungarian and then she got into an argument with their little girl over it because that little girl said that it was a frog and that Aren was speaking non sense. It was so fun watching them, but Aren lost; the frog was taken away from her and she didn't like it.
Aren also calls Tinker Bell and sings Jungle Bells by saying Week ago; go figure. I have no clue why she says that. She is also potty trained and we only use the pull ups in the evening. She does fabulous and hopefully she will do it in the evening as well, but right now don;t want to deal with that.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my last check up before my C section which is in a week. I was only 1 cm dilated and the doctor said that I am not close to having the baby on my own. As we were listening to the baby's heart the doctor got a little concerned and he sent me to the hospital for a stress test where they did an ultra sound and monitored the baby's heart beat. The baby was way too active and I waited over an hour for him to calm down so that they can see his heart beat when he was not moving around that much. Then I was having contractions every 2 minutes and they decided to send me in labor and delivery to see why I was having them; apparently they don't want me to have contractions that often at this stage. I wasn't felling all the contractions though. They kept me for an hour in labor an delivery and I thought that they might do a C section on me today, which is the 17Th. In a way I wanted that because I wanted my baby to be born on the 17Th, but I was not ready; my house was a mess and I had not packed for the occasion. Finally they let me go home and said that I should come back if I feel the contractions and i am in pain or my water breaks. I feel way to uncomfortable at times and I am tired due to all the activity that is going n in my belly. LOL They told me that it was good that I had an active baby because it is a good sign, so I am not concerned about it. As I was at the hospital there were 2 ladies that came in because they could not feel their baby move. I can't wait to have my little Adam and I fell that I can't grow any more; it is so ammazing how our skin stretches to hold a baby. I think I can't stretch any longer. I already gained around 50 pounds, but it's worth it when I think that I do it out of love. I already gained more than with Aren, although I exercised a lot more and I was more active. i also don't overeat, so it is mostly water. I am swollen and I will swell some more acording to my previous experience, but hopefully not that much because this time I won't be on some of the pain killers and medicine that I was last time and it should go more smoothly.

6 comments:

Claudine said...

I'm glad the donuts turned out well for you! And good luck with your c-section next week, I can't wait to see pictures of your darling little boy!!!

Adina Bucknall said...

WOA. your belly is even bigger than last time. Even I can tell...
Good luck with birth :D

Livia said...

Si eu vreau gogosi! Annie, abea astept sa-ti vad baietelul. O sa ma rog pentru tine sa ai o nastere usoara.

Cristina Boey said...

Fata ce burtica mare ai. Abia astept sa vad bebelu':) ...

Ioana said...

Si eu ma voi ruga pentru tine ca totul sa mearga bine cu nasterea. Abia astept sa vad poze cu Adam!

Miky said...

Ne rugam sa nasti usor!Abia astept sa-l cunosc pe Adam:D