Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stockings

Ever since I had kids I had a hard time buying stockings because I never found anything special enough to characterize my children. i always wanted to make some, but I am not as crafty and I don't have a sewing machine I don't even know how to use one). As I was looking online one day, I came across this website that had and ice-skate stocking and I fell in love with it. Aren has been talking about ice-skating in the past few months so I thought that this would be the perfect stocking for her. I was overwhelmed at all the instructions because I have never made something like this, but I was going to give it a try. They had a patterns and everything I needed to do on the website and this is how it turned out. I messed up on the instructions a little bit because I put glitter all over the ice-skate and I was supposed to put only at little circles by the holes where the shoe laces go. The instructions also said to use colored cord, but I used silver ones because I couldn't find any colored ones. Overall I am very pleased with it and proud of myself that I was able to do it.
Then I wanted one for Adam as well, and I found the perfect one on the same website. I made him this little elf stocking. I didn't read the instructions well and I bought fleece instead on felt (it required dark green felt and light green fleece). It was way too hard to work with that much fleece and I substituted white felt to make the inside stiffer and then I put some dark green fleece on the top. I am pleased with his stocking as well, and he loves it too because the little bells make noise. He is so cute!!!
And this is both of them together. now I want to make one for me and one for Aric, but I am not sure yet what because I have not found anything that seemed interesting. I might buy some funky sock looking ones because I think they are pretty cute. I have some normal ones that I hanged up, but I really don't like them as much; I don't feel that they characterize us; Aric's has a Santa on it with a teddy bear and a HoHo sign; pretty funny. He needs a new one.

3 comments:

Livia said...

I love them! Ce frumos ti-au iesit si nu vad deloc imperfectile de care tu vorbesti.Trebuie sa-mi spui pe ce pagina de web i-ai gasit.
Nice job Annie!

Ioana said...

Au iesit tare frumoase!!! Bravo tie! Sa stii ca te pricepi. Eu n-as putea sa fac asa ceva.:)

Maria said...

Super marfa! O sa incerc sa fac si eu ca Tayler mi-a cumparat o masina de cusut de Craciun. Dar eu o sa incep cu lucruri mai simple nu asa de complicate ca ale tale. Sunt foarte reusite "sosetele" tale.