Our Christmas was magical; the kids loved every inch of it and Aren kept saying that this is the Best Christmas Ever!!! She wanted a scooter from Santa, but I know that she actually wanted a bike but she was calling it a scooter. Adam didn't care much about the presents; he was too occupied with his trike that we got from a flee market in Brasov, Romania. Then as Aren was helping him open his presents (he would not open them) he got a little more excited about some of the stuff he got.

The kids enjoying their presents. We even got some secret Santas which totally made my Christmas more magical; not knowing who they were was just so magical. we got a DVD- VCR player, I got a Harry Potter Book (#7), and we got lots of socks from no one else but people that must have knows Arics love for socks.

I bought Aren this Madame Alexander doll from a yard sale and I gave it a makeover; the clothes costed me a lot more than the actual doll. I put so much effort into making it a real surprise for her and she thought it was cool, but she does not play with it at all. Maybe I will put it away and re-gift it for her B-day. LOL

Adam was a destroyer this past season. I was not able to put out any trains because he loves them so much. I made sure that I put my ginger bread train op high so he could not get to it, but it did not work; anytime he got a chance he would climb up and eat what he could grab. The candies were so dry that he decided to use his mouth and bite them off; what a stinker!!! The same with our Christmas tree train; he was so captured by it that I was afraid that he would pull the tree down, so we skipped that this year.

It snowed a few times, but te snow melted so fast that we were not able to play in it. Finally I decided that I will take them out as soon as it snowed and it worked. We got over 2 feet of snow and it has not melted since then. We built a snowman, which was a total task for me and I was so tired by the end that I had to run in the house to through up. Being pregnant made it very difficult this year to do all the cool activities that we once did.

We also went sledding a few times. Aric pulled the kids behind his four-wheeler and then we went out and had some more fun. I love the snow!!!!

We even saw Santa at the Ice-skating place. He was supposed to skate with us, but he was too tired and afraid to get on the ice; His elves were very good skaters though.

Christmas is so magical that I hate it when it ends. Its message is so pure that sometimes we forget why we even celebrate it. I get so frustrated when I hear that people hate Christmas because there is nothing wrong with this season, but ourselves. We could all find joy in this Season and enjoy whatever we have. I also think that is it so nice that people give each other gifts; it reminds me of the greatest gift Christmas brings - the Savior.
Our New years was uneventful; we watched some movies at Lia's house and ate some finger food. It was relaxing and nice to spend it with Aric and Lia. Adam came to us at around 10 and he asked us to take him to bed; he was so cute!!!! The kids fell asleep very fast and we were able to just watch TV and have fun. (Lia's mom probably disagrees with me. LOL).
Happy New Year to everyone!!!!
4 comments:
oh hey, i did wonder what happened to your posts, if the cat ate them :P
i like the doll Aren got!! it is true that i would not play with it either, but i would like to own one and just look at it. if i have a girl, i will buy her one
has your sickness gone yet? i still get a bit sick in the car and in the morning if i haven't eaten on time. that symptom should have gone with the beginning of the second trimester, but it hasn't. weird!!
Esti insarcinata???? Felicitari!!!!!!!!!! Ma bucur tare mult!!! Cand esti due?
Ce scumpi sunt Adam si Aren!
Super bicicletele:D
Ehe si a venit si Santa la ei!:D
Ce Craciun frumos si copii fericiti :)
Hai pune si o poza cu burtica ta.
Post a Comment