
I went int the hospital close to 6 am on Tuesday. Monday night Aren and Adam had a sleep over at Lia's house which helped us relax and not worry about having to take them somewhere the next day. Aren was so excited about the sleep over and she kept telling me that I could leave now; I think she was afraid that I was not going to leave her there). She also knew that Lizzy was going to be born the next day and she seemed very excited. Adam had a great stay too due to his favorite blanket. :D
As I entered the hospital I was afraid of the whole procedure. This time I had some worm socks which helped me a lot (lost time I was freezing in the operation room; they put the temperature lower than in other sections of the hospital). As they put me on IV and prepared me for the surgery, I felt lightheaded and very uncomfortable; they switched me on one side and I soon started feeling better. Then the anesthesiologist came to give me my epidural. I barely could understand all he said because of his accent; he was from India. He was a really nice guy and explained to me everything. He even stayed with us during the surgery and made sure that I saw the baby as they pulled her out of me; by that time I was so exhausted that I didn't have energy for anything.

Elizabeth was born right at 8 a clock and she was 7.5 ounces, 19 inches long and she was delivered by Dr. Gamette and Dr. Broberg. She inhaled some fluid and maconium during her delivery and because of that they but her in the Nicu; she wasn't breathing as well, but her lungs cleared up and she was doing fine. I did not know that babies can have their first bowel movement that early; I thought it was only if the mother passed the due date but the doctor told me that it could happen as early as 38 weeks; I am just happy that she is doing well now. the next day she went down 5 ounces and the doctor told me that I can expect her to loose some more but that was normal. She is the tiniest kid I had so far and I think the others were pretty small too. We were talking in the hospital with Lia and she said that Lizzy was so tiny and fragile, but I think that the pictures don't do her justice; she is a bundle of joy and sweetness.
They brought her to me only at around 2 a clock and I was so anxious to see her. She was so clean and beautiful; everyone kept telling me that she was the most beautiful in the whole nursery which of course i believed because she was mine (I am quite partial and I hope all the mothers are the same way). My mom called me several times while I was in the hospital and I told her how gorgeous Lizzy was and she told me that when I was born the nurses said the same thing about me; she said that mothers stood in a line for their babies to be dressed so they could leave the hospital and when it was my turn to be dressed they just adored me and said I was the most beautiful. LOL Who can deny that right? LOL I am just happy when my mom tells me baby stories of me.

Aren and Adam love Lizzy to death. I remember when one of my friends child was born (Livia) she wrote how much the kids loved the baby and how in love they were with their new addition. Now that we have our baby I feel the same way; we are in love with her. It is so wonderful to watch my kids kiss her and wanting to hold her. So far Adam has been really gentle with her and has this smile every time he sees her. Surprisingly Aren holds her pretty well and they both want to cuddle with her in the morning. Aren was upset this morning that she didn't find Lizzy in the crib, but that might be a disaster because they would climb up to see her.

Aric loves Lizzy as well; he was watching TV while holding her. He also chose her middle name and I finally agreed because we could not come up with another one. He suggested Rose and I liked it; as I was walking down the hallway in the Hospital there were some pictures of roses and their different types and names. That day I hared that name quite often and I realized that that might be it. I kept also thinking of the name Sarah and it drove me crazy; I even thought of not giving her a middle name, but I regret not having one so I didn't want her to regret not having one. :D

Grandma Dolly came to visit us in Utah and it was nice to see her. On Monday I took my car to be detailed and she gave us a ride home and then back to pick up the car. Somehow I am blessed to have them here every time I have a child; they live in CA. This is one of my favorite pictures of Lizzy and grandma. :D
Lizzy had more visitors at the hospital and there are some pictures on facebook with that but here is a lis of people who came and visited her: Daddy, Aren, Adam, Lia, Bianca, Nadia, aunt Michaeline, uncle Steve, uncle Gary, grandma Dolly, aunt Misha, uncle Kelly, Daliana, Jane, David and I hope I did not forget anyone. My parents called me and they wanted to be there so bad; I hate it that they are so far away!!!!

I stayed in the hospital till Friday and I was so ready to come home. It was nice to recover a little bit and have time to sleep as much as I wanted. It was also nice to spend time with little Lizzy and cuddle and bond. I was in much pain and under much mediation which helped a lot but also made me drowsy and dizzy. I still hurt a lot and I am swollen all over my body. I can't wait to not be swollen anymore. Probably in a week or two I should be feeling a lot better.
We are just so happy to have Lizzy in our lives and she is the best baby we could have asked for. We Love You Lizzy so much!!!!
A special thanks to all those that helped us out with Aren and Adam during this week.
7 comments:
Eni, felicitari! Ce ma bucur pentru voi. Lizzy e super draguta. Imi place numele pe care l-ati ales. Ma distreaza expresia lui Adam. E un scumpic. Si Aren la fel. Sa-mi spui cum e cu trei copii:) Arati foarte bine. Felicitari inca o data! Mi-e dor de voi.
Lizzy e tare dulce, iar tu arati super! Felicitari! Sunteti o familie tare frumoasa! Numele de mijloc al lui Ashley e tot Rose si imi place la nebunie ;) Abia astept sa vina si printesa noastra nr.2! Sper sa-ti revi repede la normal.
Eni,recuperare rapida!
Copilasii sunt superbi.Adam si Aren deja o iubesc pe Rose :D
Ma bucur ca ai avut ajutor cu copii.
Cum este cu 3 copilasi?
Pupici la toti.
She is so cute, I love all the hair! And, of course, I love the name!
Felicitari Eni! Ce fetita dulce si frumoasa! Si stii ce? S-a nascut de ziua Alexandrei mele! :) Bravo tie! Te pup si imbratisez cu drag!
Felicitari!!!!!!!!!!!! Lizzy e frumoasa foc si scumpa!!! Recuperare usoara si rapida! Pupici!
Annie, cum este sa fi mamica la trei ingerasi? Sper ca totul e bine si ca te simti mai bine:)
Lizzy is such a cutie!
Post a Comment