Friday, May 27, 2011

Challenges and Accomplishments

We had a month full of challenges and accomplishments. Our house hunting came to an end which was a great challenge for me because I put in so much effort and energy into it. We decided to finish our attic and make it into a big room for our kids. we also want to do fencing because I am not able to run after Adam non stop to make sure that he is not out on the road and crossing the street to see the horses or the dogs. I am not sure if they will be done, and I am just hoping now that it will be; it seems that everything takes way too much time over here.
One accomplishment that we had was Aren's graduation from her dance class. She has been taking a ballet/dance class from some great ladies in our ward and they always do a great job with those little girls. Aren was so excited to have her hair curly and now she thinks that she has to have it ccurly if she does something important. LOL
Since we are not moving, I decided to buy some plants and have my front yard look a little better and more colorful. Aren was so excited to help me and to water the flowers. I had a hard time picking out the kinds of flowers I liked, but I am getting better at knowing what I want.
Then our next challenge came; Aren participated in an ice-skating competition. Every time I take her ice-skating everyone is in awe about her talent. She is such a show off and doesn't seem to be shy at all. She loves ice-skating so much and she even told me that it was her favorite thing to do. Well, she took some private lessons which were not that cheep. She started off strong and her some moments were she didn't want her teacher, but on the day of the competition she was way too excited and kept asking me when we were going to go to the arena. Somehow her warm-up messed her up because she had the impression that her music had to start for her to practice and when her turn came to go in front, she just froze and refused to go out. She went out on the ice, but did nothing. I was disappointed because we invested so much time and energy and at the same time I was doing house hunting too and other activities. I was very stressed with everything. She still got a medal because she was the only one in her level to compete. Although she didn't want to do it, I feel so proud of her. She has come so far and she is so adorable on ice. We started her regular lessons now and I promised her that she will be in a bigger group. When we got to the arena we found out that she was the only one in her level and every other level seemed to be larger. The good thing about it was that her instructor was the best instructor that the arena has and it felt like a private lesson. She was so good with Aren and they even played tag at the end. It seems that everyone knows Aren and as I was walking up and down the corridor I overheard people's comments about how good she was.

Adam had his challenges too; he fell down and scratched his forehead. He spent so much time with his dad lately and he enjoyed it a lot. He even started to smell like Aric which is funny. He is into tractors, bulldozers, rollers, track-hoes and all kinds of constrction equipments. he loves to point them out on the road and fortunatelly the freeway is full of them; it seems that there is construction all over the place. I love this little man!!!!

Aren also took gymnastic classes as well. I used to take Adam too, but they require me to assist him and I am not able to lift or run after him as much, so now Adam only goes inside once in a while when there is a show time. We arrived a little late at the gym and Aren was thrown off by it and she did not want to do her routine. She wormed up by the end of the class and was eager to show me off all her talents.
She got a good job medal, just like everyone else in her class (her class is bigger). Now she will only have gymnastics and ice-skating for the Summer and she is going to be in a dance/gymnastics class (tap and ballet together with gymnastics).
Some more challenges; Adam went fishing and he decided that the pond needed some more fish.
I also started to potty train him, but he is not that ready. Every now and then he does pretty well, but he seems to either forget to pull down his underwear or pee on the floor or in his pull-ups. I can't wait to have my yard fenced so I can let him out in his underwear and a shirt. I really don't want to change 2 dippers once the baby is born. Adam also likes to fix things and he seems to find all the screws and screwdrivers. He is a ball of energy and I have a hard time keeping up with him.
Some other challenges that I had are to embarrassing to blog about, but I hope that the next months will bring more accomplishments than hardships.

5 comments:

Livia said...

Annie, iti trimit multe imbratisari si pupicuri:)Tu esti o mamica tare buna si iti urez multe impliniri cu toate proiectele.

Adina Bucknall said...

can't believe Adam is 2.3 years old and not yet potty trained. that is the age the british health system recommends for potty training as well, and i thought it is way weird. but like u said, u don't want to change 2 diapers once baby#3 comes. so hopefully, u will make it in time :D

i've also noticed something interesting about Aren from what u wrote. she doesn't like starting sessions late. she gets confused and stubborn. i wonder what it means...

anyway, you haven't written anything about yourself. so, will wait for a post on pregnancy and personal stuff as well. i wonder if i will be posting like u and forget all about myself.

sad about the house hunt. very sad! but at the same time, adding value to your current home will be a very good investment in the long run. so, not all is lost. can't wait to see the kids' room upstairs.

Ioana said...

Wow, Aren is quite impressive with all the activities she does!
Don't worry too much about potty training. He'll get there. Boys are WAY harder than girls. Give him time. When he's ready, he's ready. Don't push him, otherwise both of you will get very frustrated and reach no results. Let people talk. You know your child better than anyone.
Good luck with improving your home. Houses are always a work in project!:)
Pupici!

Miky said...

Eni,nu il forta pe Adam la olita,varsta optima este de 2,5 ani,uneori fetitele incep mai depreme au alt simt(al "curateniei"lol),la baieti e mai greu,la Sure start mi sa explicat.Este perfect adevarat ce zice Ioana.Uite ca Adam ii seamana lui Aric si nu o sa ai multe defecte prin casa:D
Aren ma impresioneaza,e feminina...sper sa isi doreasca din ce in ce mai mult sa faca dans,parinaj,gimnastica....va doresc numai bine si succes!pup

Dahlee J said...

Eni, wow. Desi stiam de aceste evenimente, nu mi-am dat seama ca erai stresata. Imi pare rau. Tu arati intotdeauna happy si optimistic. Esti o mama asa de buna si ai copii minunati. De multe ori ma gandesc cum sper sa fac la fel de bine cand voi avea mai multi copii. Spune-mi daca ai nevoie de ceva, mai ales cand vine Lizzy.