Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Lizzy's baby blessing
Our beautiful baby girl was blessed by her father on Labor Day weekend (September 4, 2011) at our Payson ward. There were lots of people who showed up and who helped us make this day truly memorable. Lizzy wore the same dress that Aren wore and she looked just as good. A few months ago I bought a hat that had a little white flower on it and I used it for Lizzy's hair band; I think it turned out pretty good. The pretty quilt that she is laying on was given to her by Sister Smart; I love all the bright colors in it.
During the blessing daddy was emotional and he also bore his testimony during sacrament meeting. Lately Aren wants to bare her testimony and she wants us to help her. Last testimony meeting I tried to help her, but she refused so I had to bare my testimony which was great because I have not bore it since before we even moved into this ward which was over 5 years ago. This time she asked Aric to help her and she did the same thing, so Aric bore his testimony and he even admitted that he loved me. :D. What I remember from Lizzy's blessing is that she was blessed to be strong and have the desire to choose the right and be an example to others; to marry in the temple.
I don't know if it is even possible to love Lizzy more than I do, but it seems that my love for her intensifies. She is such a great joy in my life and I love all the little sounds that she makes and her sweet smile. I also like it that she needs me so much; I love the way she looks into my eyes and just stares.
And this is our family of five. As of now, I think that we are done with having kids. The thought f going though another C section scares me and I think that I could offer my kids more of myself and what they need; We will see what the future will bring.
Thanks for everyone who came to the blessing and also to the get together at Kelley and Misha's place in Spanish Fork. Misha was so kind to plan everything for the get together and it felt so good not to have to stress about anything but the blessing. I am so blessed to have wonderful people around and most of them are part of our family. We also celebrated uncle Gary's Birthday; it was a perfect day with so many family members and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
how fun! Lizzy is so cute :D
Ce zi superba! Felicitari! Sunteti o familie frumoasa!
was just looking at earlier pictures right after birth, and i can tell u lost some weight, well done :D how is the breastfeeding coming along?
Ce post frumos Eni! Sunteti o familie foarte reusita! Pupici!
I lost around 35 pounds now and breastfeeding is going pretty well. I still don't enjoy it as much all the time, and sometimes it gets a little sore, but nothing like it used to be in the begining.
hm, i haven't been sore since i figured what was wrong (week one of Sophie's life). the only problem is the latching. if she isn't taking enough breast in her mouth, then u get sore.
Post a Comment