Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lagoon

On Saturday, the day after my graduation, we decided to go to Lagoon. Aric had free tickets from work so we were able to go for free. We also had free food. My first ride was on the Marry-go Round. It wasn't that crowded and Aren could enjoye it as well. I am not sure if she had a clue what was going on, but oh well, I enjoyed holding her.
The weather did not look so great at the beginning. It started to rain as we left our home, but we still went. It only sprinkled once while we were at lagoon and that was not that bad. Because of the clouds it wasn't that hot outside and it was more enjoyable. Gary, Aric's brother was freezing so they decided that they will enjoy the hot tub. I wasn't cold at all. Since I had Aren I don't mind cold that much. I could not go into the hot tub because I had Aren with me and it was prohibited for kids under 16 to enter the hot tub because of the chemicals that they put in the water. But I sat in the water holding Aren and it felt good. Then Aric had Aren and I went into the hot tub. It was a little wierd because there were two more cuples kissing and I was in the hot tub with Gary. I made fun of him because I could. Aren got pretty tired but she did not want to go to sleep because of the excitement. We finally left the lagoon A Beach and Aren was so exhausted that she fell asleep after fighting it. She slept for over 2 hous and we took turns on the rides. I went on the Colosus with Gary and it was so frightening. We were in the front seats and I did not open my eyes for the whole ride which was for about 18 seconds. Gary was walking funny afterwards.
Of course, they had to ride the little cars, but it was so crazy out there with all the little kids trying to bump into each other. I think that they were the only older "kids" there. It was anoying that we had to stay in line for ever and then the rides were so short. We spent more time staying in lines than riding. Finally we decided that the preson who was staying with Aren could stay at a different line so we would not waist as much time. Our plan worked out pretty well.
My favorite ride was the swing water ride. It was so fun. I screamed my lungs out and it felt so good. Gary said he could hear my voice from the ground. At a moment I felt that i was sliding out of my seat because I was upside down and soaking wet. Then I started to feel the cold, but just till my skin dried off because my clothes remained wet for
the whole day. I didn't really mind being wet because regardless the clouds, it was still pretty hot outside.
I also enjoyed the water tube. I rode it twice. First with Gary and then with Aric. He was in front of the line so we did not have to waiste time twice staying in the line. The second time I did not get as wet as the first time, but it was getting darker outside and cooler. This time I had to dry myself and also wear a shirt but then I was ok. Poor Ar
ic had nothing to change in, only a different pair of pants, but he was not complaining much.
Our next ride was the boat ride. We decided that we wanted to go on a ride where we could involve Aren as well. The line wasn't that bad and Aren made some new friends and she also received a tiger stuffed animal from a girl. She was entertaining others with her talk and laugh. During the ride Gary turned over to take pictures and he got into truble because he was not allowed to change possitions. The slide was pretty cool and although we got a little wet, Aren didn't mide it. She loves water and even at the Lagoon A Beach she never fussed about the water. She is pretty brave for her age, the only time she gets scared and cries is when Aric scares her and she is either tired or not prepared. Our la
st ride was the train ride and by then Aren was really tired so we decided that we would use our last food coupons and we also had a 20 dollar coupon that we got from a time share company because Aric spin the circle and the pointer ended up on the 20 dolar. We loved him for that.

5 comments:

Aurelia said...

Ce fain ca v-ati distrat! nu am fost niciodata la Lagoon, dar se pare ca au cool rides. Ce as fi dat sa fiu acolo? Mergem in februarie cand te vizitez? jk.. lol maybe ice skating!

Livia said...

Annie,
Se pare ca voi aveti un timp grozav impreuna ca o familie. Mi-e dor de Utah!
Fetei mele i-a placut mult la Lagoon desemenea.

Aurelia said...

Annie you're it! You have been tagged! see my blog for details!

Annie Hawkins said...

Da, a fost frumos de tot la Lagoon si eram norocosi ca a venit fratele lui Aric cu noi ca sa stea si el cu Aren din cand in cand, dar sa distrat si el. Imi pare rau ca nu ne-am dus inapoi ca sunt asa de multe lucruri de facut acolo. Aurelia mama draga, mersi ca mai tagged! Adica de ce mi-ai facut asa ceva? vezi cum esti? trebuie neaparat sa continui? Stii ca numele meu de mijloc e Fulop acum. O sa vad ce o sa fac.

Aurelia said...

esti haioasa mama draga!!