Friday, August 31, 2007

Oana's baby shower

Thursday, the 23rd of August we went to Arizona to Oana's baby shower. She is a friend of mine from Brasov and we were also neighbors. We did not know each other until I finished my mission. She was an investigator of the LDS Church and we became good friends. She came to UVSC and married one of the missionaries that served in Romania; they did not have an interest in each other during his mission. She came to Utah and those were my happiest times not only because of her but because I had so many friends around. Now everyone is gone and I miss having my friends over. Oana moved to Arizona, Adina is in England, Aurelia is in Germany, Monica is in Louisianna, and I moved to Payson away from all my other friends. Sometimes it is so hard because I feel a little bit lonely. I decided that i had to go and see her and it was a wise decision. We took my sister in law's car and we spent half on gas as we would have spent otherwise. Florida, Oana's friend also came with us and so we saved even more. It was really worthwhile. We spent the weekend there and came back on Sunaday morning. We helped her decorate the baby's room and shop.

The baby shower was on Frieday and it was so nice. There were a lot of people, mostly relatives and she received a lot of clothes and a car seat which was awesome. A friend of hers made a 4 level cake out of dipers which I thought was really creative. You can see the cake in the background; the one she is holding is eatable :)

We only played 2 games. The first one was a diper game with toilet paper. The team that made the best looking diper won. Florida's team won. Then We played another game with apple juice. The person who finished first drinking out of a sippy cup won. I was one of the players and I started late because I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know why it was so amuzing. I don't really like apple juce but I drank it. The other players were a pregnant lady and a teenager. Suprisingly I won and I was so proud of myself.
On the way home we stoped to take a few pictures and to give Aren a break from seating in her carseat for the whole trip. Aren was really good, she only fussed a little bit but she was out almost the whole trip.

No comments: