Sunday, September 2, 2007

Baby pictures

Well, my dear friend Aurelia, posted some baby pictures of her and her husband to let people judge who their daughters look like. Well, I decided to do the same although I know the answer to my question.
I don't really have a picture with me as a baby, so I posted all I had from my baby years.
Aric has a lot more pictures, of course, and I thought I should post more of him so you can see how cute he was as a baby and he is still pretty good looking. I married him for his looks :) JK
If you by chance are wondering which pictures are of me and which are of Aric just look for the black and white pictures; it should be a hint.
Today somebody in church told me that Aren looked like me. It was the first time that somebody other than my mom said that. Unually people ask me who I think Aren looks like and when I tell them that she looks more like her dad they don't contradict me. She definitely has her dad's hair and nose and the size of her mouth. The lips are mine and her ears. Me and Aric are blue eye carriers from one of our parents side; my mother side of the family has blue eyes, and Aric's father side of the family has blue eyes as well.
Well, I was reading Aric's baby book and I found out that his favorite song was Row row row your boat. I often tease him about it and he gets annoyed. I love singing that song to him. I can't remember what my favorite song was as a baby, but even if I would know it would be a hungarian one that none of you heard of.
Aren loves I am a child of God, once there was a snow man, the spider song as well as a hungarian song about a bunny. She also loves playing hide and seek especially in the evening when I try to put her to bed; she hides from me and laughs hard as I try to catch her. She also likes Peek a boo and when we make different kinds of noises; She cries if Aric gets too loud but he thinks that it is good for her and that she is going to toughen up. Aric also told me that he is planning on teaching Aren how to fix cars and get durty, but I have other plans; I want to make her feminine and stylish. I was a tom boy and I don't necesarily want that to my daughter. I think I am more feminine now. I used to fight with boys and play soccer. My mother did not allow me to join a soccer team for girls because she told me that it was a boy's game and that I was a girl. I will allow Aren to play whatever games she wants. Even if I wasn't allowed to join a team I still played soccer on the roads which is very common in Europe.
My mother told me that I was a pretty chubby baby and that I did not have any teeth until I was over one years. She also told me that I didn't walk as soon either. Aren already stands up by herself and she shows herself off. I have to congratulate her every time she stand up because she makes noises and wants to be acknowledged. I think that she takes after her father because she is very active. I think she might walk by the time she is 10 months. She already walks if she holds unto something and she stands up without holding on anything. I am pretty pround of her and being my first baby I always brag about her.

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

da are gura ta si putza ta( oops did i say that out loud!)
they say girls look more like their dads, and it's true. but she is a good mix of the two of you. In some pictures, i see you and in some pictures I see aric.

Adina Bucknall said...

yeah....

Adina Bucknall said...

i used to fight boys and play soccer on the street too. and i think i would have had the same wishes for my daughter (if i had one). to be feminine and pretty and so on. but i think that they should still have the freadom to learn whatever they want/can from others...