Our trip to Romania was an adventure and it is bitter-sweet to be home again. I was very excited to go back and I lost some weight which I gained right back and even a little more, but fortunately not too much. My brother and my sister in law were waiting for us at the airport; they came from IKEA - can you believe there is an Ikea in Romania, all they need now is a Walmart. I got a little upset with the people at the Romanian airport because they wanted to check my lug
gage and I didn't want to wait. They even asked me how much cash I carried with me; I told them that I didn't have any cash at which they were suprised and questioned me. I told them that I have a credit card and in case I need money I can get some. I was annoyed that they would ask me, of course I had cash with me but it wasn't any of their busine
ss. I heared that they confiscate electronics or tax people if they have any.It snowed a lot in Romania and it took us forever to get from the airport to my parents house. My parents were excited to have us there and especially to see Aren. We had home made Pizza for dinner and had fun with our relatives. Aren was confused because of the time change and she woke up in the midd
le of the night all ready to play; I wasn't as tired either so we played together. She adjusted to the time schedule in a week or so; then the only way she went to bed was if grandpa held her. My father put her in the stroller and went for a walk in their little appartment. It was funny to watch them. Aren loved to see her grandparents and they spoiled her to death. My cousin Ottilia loved Aren too. She came over almost every day to play with her. Aren loved Ottilia's cell phone she would dance around in circles when Otti played the songs on her phone. She was so cute.Aren was also able to see one of her great grandmothers from my side. Unfortunately we couldn't bring the other great grandma to vis
it because of the bad weather. Now that we have Aren there are four generations in one picture on my mother side.Aric came later and he had a delay but it was nothing compared to what we went through on our way home from Romania. We had over a 20 hour delay in Bucharest because of the snow storm. After many arguments they finally put us in the airplane but they had to bring us back because they could't de-ice the aircraft. We had to come through customs and then they didn't give us back our stroller and we had to carry Aren around. I w
as pretty upset but we heared that they had another plane leaving soon and that if we wanted to get on it we would't have time to wait for the stroller. We ran and rebooked for the next flight but we still waited for who knows how many hours for the airplane to depart. (I lost track of time). When we left everyone was clapping their hands; it was pretty emotional. In Paris we had to wait for 8 hours and we were so exhausted that we
slept on the floor while waiting. I froze as well as Aric, but Aren was pretty comfortable in our jackets and a blanket. We still didn't have our stroller, but then we got it in Cincinnati, but by then our luggage was late. I didn't care anymore, all I wanted was to go home and sleep. We had to wait a couple of days to receive our luggage. I was only concerned about all the winter clothes that Aren had and the books I bought from Romania. It was nice to be home again although I was so confused and I was expecting to be in Romania. We adjusted to the time change and Aren slept through the night a
nd has had no truble since. Overall, our trip to Romania was awesome and I am going to miss everyone there. I am going to post some more pictures later, but I feel I need to start somewhere, so there it is. I took too many pictures and if you don't believe me check my ringo account and you will see.





2 comments:
400 pics is not too much. i had more than you and i only stayed there 2 horrible endless weeks. and visited no one and saw no one. which means buildings were my speciality!
funny you left with applause...i could not imagine that happening to me!
wow nici acum nu pot sa cred ca ai fost si te-ai intors deja. Parca a fost un vis. Ma bucur ca a fost bine, ca nu ai fost prea stresata!
Post a Comment