Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Having fun in Europe

Many of you have wondered what happened to me; well, I have been keeping it a secret because I am touring parts of Europe and I also want to go back home and visit my family which will be a suprise for them. I did not want them to find out somehow that I was going home so I didn't post anything about it. Now I am a little overwhelmed with all the things that happened so far and I decided to post some pictures and write a little about them. Well I am in germany right now visiting Aurelia and having some fun with her. The first thing we did when I arrived in Munich was to visit the concentration camp in Dachau; it was 8 a clock in the morning and I was a little tired but the experience was unforgettable. We visited Dachau because it was really close to the airport and we thought that we would save a trip if we did that.
The above picture is of the furneces that they used to crimate the corps. it was a very sad feeling to be in that room. It was a usual building and the inmates were told that they were going to take a shower there. Well, If you think this picture is to graphic, you have to visit the camp yurself and you will feel in pain; there are actual pictures with the proceedings and it is very sad and emotional.

Now the Happy part begins. We went home and rested for a day or so and the following weekend we did the following:

As we were leaving Germany we were caught in the traffic and there was no better thing to do than to take pictures and show how bored we were. I couldn't make a sad face, but Lia is a professional. LOL
The first thing we visited was the castles at Neuschwantein in Germany; they were really cute. The buss was canceled for that day so we decided to take the horse and carriage because it was up on a hill and too far to walk with kids. It was a nice experience watching the horses as they went poop. LOL We annoyed Lia by saying ewe and making faces as the horses tooted or pooped. LOL
Here is Lia and I posing after we visited the first castle. We didn't go up to the second one that is in the background of the above picture. After that we left Germany and we went to Italy. I had to drive too because Lia got exhausted. We had the GPS with us so we were led safely or so we thought. In Italy the exits are very confusing; the GPS didn't worn me and I didn't turn in time and so we got a little lost. I got annoyed with Lia because I didn't know where to turn because the GPS kept saying to make a U turn when there was no way that I could do that; the feeway was divided. Anyways; I turned over and let Lia drive and she didn't turn back; she took a different direction through the mountains and Aren got carsick and she puked. Finally we arrived at our Hotel room in Vincenza and we had a good night sleep.
Next day we took the train to Venezia because we heard that it is hard to find parking and that it was very expensive. We enjoyed our train ride and Aren fell asleep.
I loved Venezia!!! It is the prettiest place I've seen in Italy. We rode the vaporetes and got off a few places.
First we stopped at a little piaza and we ate some fish and let the kids run around.
Then we stopped at the main destination and fed the pigeons and looked at the buildings from outside because we couldn't go inside with the kids. Aren doesn't like to go in inside places; she has to move all the time; and Venezia is not designed for children - there are stairs all over the place and hard to move with strollers but we did it.
Lia loves ice cream and she bought several ice creams as we were there to see which one she likes the best; well, she didn't like one of them and gave to Aren and she became the attention of everyone. They were staring at her and laughing; I wonder if they thought that I was a bad mother but I just didn't care anymore because she was quiet; she is teething and she is in big pain and also had fever and diarrhea.
We got some souvenirs from there and Aren's shirt was one of them. Of course the picture was taken the next day after she was all clean from the previous day. LOL And then we went to Verona.
You know how tourists are afraid of thiefs and they keep their money and stuff hiden somehow. Well, we didn't realized that amongst us was an actual thief and that was my daughter. LOL We have no clue how she did it, but she stole a binky from a little boy; we know that because it said on the binky MR. Baby and it had a car on it. We couldn't help but laugh and we looked around and there was nobody with a baby around so we left with the Binky of course. It became Aren's favorite binky and now they fight over it with Bia, especially when they are in the car and Bia stiles it from her. :P this binky actually has a safety pin on it so she can't loose it; I wonder how she still stole it from the poor little boy and how is he doing without his binky.
In verona we visited the famous Balcony of Romeo and Giulietta; it was very crowded as all the other places we visited, but it was very pretty. Verona is also a pretty place, but I didn't like Vincenza at all; it was pretty dirty and ugly. For more pictures go to my ringo account; i have over a 100 pictures there.

5 comments:

Ioana said...

Ce aventura!!! Marfa faza cu suzeta!:)

Livia said...

Suna minunat!Si pozele sunt super din Italia.Imi place cea cu inghetata. Este tare dulce!

Aurelia said...

ce dragut! I wish I was there! oh wait, I was there.. LOL. OK. joke that funny!

rĂ¼th said...

da, vreau sa vad ringo-pozele tale.. dar unde o gasesc?

Miky said...

Super fain va distrati:D
Ce haioasa e Aren in poza cu ea murdara de inghetata ..LOL
Imi vine sa o pap.Va pup dulce