Besides graduating from High School 10 Years ago, I also started on my journey to success. 10 years ago I got baptized and since than my life has been blessed tremendously. I can't even count all my blessings because there are way too many of them. The Gospel of Jesus Christ changed my life and my only regret is that I didn't know about it when I was younger. I think that one of the biggest things that I gained from the Church is my confidence and the knowledge that I am a daughter of God and that my potential is great. I remember growing up that people didn't really believed in me and they never encouraged me to follow my dreams. Sometimes I felt like people didn't understand me, but that is typical for the age group that I was in. I am so thankful that I felt welcomed and accepted amongst the missionaries and the members of the church and that I didn't turn to drugs or other things that teenagers turn too just to be accepted.
I am who I am today just because of the gospel of Jesus Christ; there is no doubt about it. Missionaries saw in me not what I was, but what I could become and they encouraged and helped me overcome my fears and achieve something better. I really like president Oaks general Conference talk about choosing between good, better, and best things in life. There are certainly many good thinks that we can do and we need to do, but we need to choose what is best for us and how it will help us.
I investigated many churches and doctrines before I got baptised and I also learned about some other ones and I realized that all of them focused on how sinful we were; the Calvinistic view about religion. the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a positive one and it is there to uplift people. Of course that we are sinful and we need repentance, but it doesn't stop there. We have great potential as children of God and I don't think that he wants us to focus only on our sins, but also on the gifts that he gave us and on our talents so we can become who we ought to become not who we are. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news; through Him we can overcome our weaknesses and live again.
I am also thankful for the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Lord and the leader of a new dispensation of times. i deadly miss President Gordon B Hinckley because he was the prophet at the time of my conversion; I remember watching Larry King's Show where he was interviewed and I felt the Spirit. I am so thankful that now we have a prophet to lead us. I thought about it and it makes sense that God would gave us a prophet to guide and lead us during these times because no other generation is facing the same problems as we are and we need specific guidance and direction. We can learn from the scriptures, but we can be even more prepared for the second coming if we heed to the teachings of our dear prophet Thomas S Monson. I love Jesus Christ so much and I just have so much gratitude in me right now that I feel that my mind is working faster than my hands and I can't keep up with the typing. LOL
I felt to share my thoughts with you on this special day.
Thank you for reading along. :D Ad thanks for all those who helped me on this special day.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Felicitari, what a wonderful milestone to reach! I know first hand what a powerful example you were to the branch in Brasov and you are still a strong witness of the goodness that comes from living the Gospel. I'm so glad that you joined the church because otherwise I never would have met you all those years ago. :)
Annie, Mi-ai facut pielea gaini cand am citit ceea ce ai scris.Foarte frumos! Felicitari pentru tot! Tu ai un spirit puternic si eu ma bucur sa fiu prietena ta.
Felicitari:DCredinta face minuni si te conduce in viata pe calea cea buna:DAsa am simtit si eu si simt in cazul meu.Iti doresc in continuare sa ai si mai multe bucurii!
Pupici.
Felicitari!!! Tu esti foarte puternica in Evanghelie. Ai fost de cand te-am cunoscut. Convertirea la Biserica adevarata e cel mai minunat eveniment din viata mea, la fel ca si la tine.
Annie m-ai facut sa plang! te invidiez sa stii pentru ca ai asa credinta si incredere!
esti intradevar puternica in evanghelie. si de aia te am pe tine ca puterea ta sa se rub on me!! hehe..
beiu
Annie, Ti-ai schimbat scrisul de pe blog. Acum este timpul sa pui niste poze noi cu voi!
Post a Comment