Ana is a friend of mine from Brasov and we kind of grew up together. She was even in my primary class 10 years ago. :D Now she received her mission call to serve in Zurich, Switzerland and she had to come to the Provo MTC to learn the language. After received her visa after trying out for two times and I was so excited that she could come; we even bought a sleeper couch so she can sleep more comfortable. She was supposed to come at 1;30 in the afternoon on Friday, but her ticket was changed and they didn't tell her just when she arrived at the airport. I found out that she was coming at 6;30 in the evening and to kill time I went to Temple Square; I needed to go somewhere where I could recharge spiritually because I was so frustrated at the airport figuring out where she was and when she would come. Aren really enjoyed the water fountains and running around.

On the way home we stopped by Kile Holker's place and we visited with his family; he has one of the cutest little girls ever and reminds me of Aren when she was a baby because she has tons of hair.
Lucian came that night to see Ana and we had a fun time. I didn't cook because I was planning on going out somewhere, but we got home late and we couldn't really go out so I made ramen noodles. LOL it was actually pretty good and I had some rolls from Deseret Books. I also discovered that I had a jar of "zacusca" which is a Romanian vegetable spread and we ate some. In this picture you can also see the couch that we bought and we love it; don;t mind my pink pants. LOL

Next day we went to Provo and Orem area to shop and visit with missionaries. We also went to Golden Corral to eat, but I think it was a wais of money because it made Aric sick and Ana didn't really eat as much and I wasn't that hungry either. I thought that it gave a big variety of food choices, but oh well.

For breakfast on Saturday Aric made us some potatoes with eggs and bacon and it was delicious. Sunday we mostly went to church and visited people in Provo and Orem again. Ana wanted to eat pancakes, but I made waffles because it was faster and easier. I told Aren to set the table and only to take one and she took the whole thing and put it in her plate; talk about appetite. LOL She makes me laugh every day with the silly things she does.

Then we went and visited BYU and bumped into some people that Ana knew.

then we went to the Provo temple and because it was Monday the Temple was closed, but we enjoyed walking around and taking pictures.

Then we met up with another ex missionary and ate at Cafe Rio and then we took him home to Highland and stop ed by the Timp. Temple.

On Tuesday we met up with Ex Elder Brewster and we ate at the Costa Vita restaurant which is similar to Cafe Rio. Then we took Ana to the MTC and took some pictures and left. They told us that we could come next day for orientation and I could also go through the Temple with her when she will be scheduled for her endowment.

On Wednesday we went through orientation and it was nice to see so many missionaries. Ana loves being a missionary and it was so fun watching her get excited but at the same time she was nervous. She will learn German from English and although her English is pretty good, it is not going to be as easy because there are still words that she doesn't know in English. She already had 7 years of German in school, but no practice and she forgot a lot from what she learned; I am confident that she will do fine and be a great missionary.

Aren was so sweet at the MTC; she shared her animal crackers with some kids and sang and enjoyed herself. She had a Future Missionary name tag and people thought that it was cool; she looked like a miniature sister missionary. I love her so much.

I will see Ana again on the 30Th when we will go through the Provo temple. It was so nice having her here and we had such a busy schedule. After I came home from the MTC I took a long nap and it felt so good. The MTC also made me melancholic about my mission; I can't wait to be a missionary again and I want my children to serve a mission and have an amazing experience. I loved my mission and I still think about it often.
As usual, there are more pictures on facebook and on hi 5 if you want to see them.
3 comments:
vai de mine. abea astept sa o vad in elvetia..
este lucian in america? (lucian din brasov?) salute lui din partea mea. poate ca mai tine aminte de mine...
Sa sti ca sunt geloasa ca tu te intalnesti cu atati prieteni romani eu chiar deloc aicea. Imi place la nebunie poza cu voi doua in fata templului Timpanogos. Foarte frumoase sunteti amandoua!
It is so fun to see Ana Maria! What a GREAT missionary she will make. I am so excited that she's going to Switzerland. My husband and I stopped there on our way to Romania last time we went and it was BEAUTIFUL. We loved it! You are such a good friend for helping her prepare for her mission and sending her off!
-Kate
Post a Comment