Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Lights at Temple Square.

On Friday we went to Temple Square to see the lights, and men, were they beautiful? Aren kept calling the lights 'gyertya' which in Hungarian means candles. They had many nativity scenes from around the worlds and it was amazing to see how they portrayed this magnificent event. I think it is awesome that every nation thinks of the Savior in their own likeness.
We tried again to take a picture of us 2 and we barely made it into the picture. LOL You can see in the background the full moon; it was an amazing view. On facebook there is a better picture of it.
All around Temple Square they had this paper bags with writings on them or drawings; they looked like they were punched with a sort of stapler. Aric found the one in Hungarian. LOL It says 'Szeretet' on it which means 'the' love. We could not find the Romanian one and I don;t think that they had one which is odd in a way.

I thought this nativity scene was awesome. Can you find baby Jesus? :D
Although we saw a lot of thinks, I wish we would have gone and seen the Christus and some other stuff. I was getting pretty exhausted and hungry as well as Aren. She enjoyed running around Temple Square and although Christmas was always magical to me, now it became even more so; it is wonderful to see the excitement in Aren's eyes and the wonder.

5 comments:

Claudine said...

We didn't see the nativity sets from around the world, I'm so glad you put up some pictures! The kids were getting tired and cold and we didn't stay for too long. I kept looking for you and was hoping to run in to you, but there were so many people there! Glad you had a good time!

Ioana said...

Si noi am fost acum o saptamana, dar n-am vazut prea mult ca era foarte frig si copiii incepusera sa se planga... Poate incercam din nou cand se incalzeste putin (daca se incalzeste deloc!!!:)

Miky said...

CE FRUMOS ESTE!Poate ajungem si noi la templul din Londra:D
Aren e tare fericita.Zambareata!:D

Livia said...

Vai ce frumose sunt luminile! Speram sa le putem vedea si noi saptamana aceasta.
Voi toti aratati super!!
Va uram un Craciun Fericit si un An Nou plin cu sanatate!

Aurelia said...

Ce fain ca ati fost! ce n-as fi dat sa fiu si eu acolo cu voi!