This year I was planning on making more for Easter, but with the carpet cleaning and other stuff, I just was too tired to do all of that, but we did paint eggs and made some cupcakes. We spent some quality time as a family and it was perfect in it's own way.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Our Easter Weekend
Well, on Friday I wasted to go to story time and have some fun with Aren in Provo/Orem area, but a lady from church called me and invited me to a small Easter Egg hunt. There were not as many kids this year as last because they didn't have a spring break yet so it mostly was for the younger kids. Aren did not get the concept of the hunt and she was trying to open the eggs and eat the candy each time she picked one up. I think she didn't realize that there were candies in all the eggs because she was not asking for them after we left. LOL I kept telling her that it is going to be like trick or treat and she will get lots of candy; she was more excited to play with the kids on the slide.
After the hunt i took the kids shopping; I needed some cloths because I realized that my closet is kind of empty after loosing my big belly. I gave away lots of cloths while I was pregnant and now I felt the need for something new. I bought this yellow jacket because I always wanted a yellow one and Aric talked me out of it each time. This time I was by myself, so I did it. Sunday as I was wearing it to church, he told me that I looked like a doll, but it was not necessarily a compliment. LOL I still like it.
Aric fixed a car for a guy and in exchange he got a carpet cleaner for the weekend. I was so excited to finally clean out carpet, but we had to do it Saturday and I kind of wanted to do Easter stuff. The carpet turned out pretty good, but it still has some stains that will never go away; the stains are faded though and it looks awesome now. As the carpet was drying, we went to Aric's chiropractor and we all got a treatment, even Adam. Poor guy was crying and I felt so bad for him. I don't like chiropractors as much, I don't think it is as necessary most of the time as they make it seem. LOL Aric worships the chiropractor and he goes there several times a month.
Aren lately likes to do things that the baby does; she takes his blanket, his binky is lost somewhere in Nordstrom or TJ Max, she loves to swing in his swing and get in his carseat. Lately she had some accidents and she keeps having them; it is so frustrating to clean up after her all the time. I hope this phase will go away soon.
And this is daddy and Adam on Sunday evening. they have a special bond. LOL I love to watch Adam stare at Aric or Aren and I like it when he just looks at me with his mouth open and his eyes wide open.; he is so cute. Today it was my first time back to church after I had the baby; he has been sick and i didn't want him to go and make other kids sick as well.
I miss Easter as a child. Back home Easter is bigger than Christmas and it lasts a few days. We always had tons of food and as a tradition we had boys coming over and recite poems about Christ and put perfume on us girls and we would give them cookies and drinks, and for little kids even money. My favorite memories of my grandfather are around Easter time when he dressed up in his church suit and came over and said a long poem about Christ and he always cried as he told the story of Easter in his poem. I never saw him cry otherwise. I think the message of Easter is one of the most important ones and I hope to carry it with me throughout the year and my lifetime. That only day changed the fate of humankind and brought us hope and life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ce frumos iti sta cu culoarea galben! Iar Aren arata ca o printesa cu fustita(tutu)ei roz. Ce mari mi se par si copii tai chiar daca numa acum l-ai avut pe Adam tot mi se pare el mare pentru un bebelus. Vreau si eu unul!
Si eu as vrea sa curat covoarele candva... in curand...:)
Si Adam si Aren sunt atat de frumosi si scumpi!
Post a Comment