
Well, I read the book and I loved it. It talks about how society's views have changed about mothering and that now it seems a burden more than an accomplishment; now stay at home moms are viewed as uneducated or lazy. It is interesting how there are so many shows rescuing mothers from motherhood to jobs, but non rescuing them from jobs into motherhood. I also think that now mothers are under so much pressure to be seen as equal as men and they give in. I understand that there are occasions where a mother has to work, but i think that no one on the Earth can replace the love of a mother; no one will be able to ever love my child the way that I do.
After I finished my education I felt that it was a waist of time because now I have to stay home with my kids. I was complaining a lot and I did consider going to work and making more money. I was sent to daycare growing up and I think I turned out well, although sometimes I feel that my parents don't understand me as much. I know that they had to work a lot during my childhood years and that they didn't really have a choice of staying home. I remember how hard it was on my mother to work so hard and then to come home and be able to take care of us. She slept a lot and then she was so busy with housework and stuff. I bet that she would have stayed home with us if she had a chance. I talked to her the other day and she is babysitting a 2 year old and she was complaining to me about the behavior of the child. I was surprised at the things she said because they were mostly normal things that 2 year old do, but then I realized that when we were 2 she probably didn't see us as much.
Behaving a child back in Romania is totally different than here; it feels more abusive over there. I was shocked when I went home and I saw how parents behave their kids; here would be fisical or verbal abuse. I was also shocked one day on how much it affected me; I was talking to Cristina (a friend of mine) on the phone and Aren was just being a pain. I simply told Aren that if she doesn't behave Cristina wouldn't love her anymore. Of course, Cristina hared me and told me that she would still love her and why did I say that to my child. I was shocked because I did not mean to say what I said, but I was talking in Romanian to her and that what it came out. Then I realized that it was a reflex from what I have been taught growing up. Fortunately at that stage in her life Aren did not understand as much Romanian, so I am safe. What an awful thing to say to your kid; I have to watch it. LOL Since then I repented and now I am fine. :D I often tell Aren that I love her no matter what; I guess I learned my lesson.
I am so happy that I can stay home with my children and now thinking back on Aren's life, I treasure all the milestones and experiences that we went through together. It is definitely not an easy task, but it is rewarding and I am looking forward to seeing my kids grow up. I am thankful that Aric is encouraging me to sty home and be a better mother.





4 comments:
Being a mom is so much more work than I ever thought it would be, but nothing can compare with the joy of being covered in slobbery baby kisses and having your child tell you that he loves you. I like Dr. Laura too, I'll have to read that book! Thanks for the suggestion!
Desi nu am ascultat-o niciodata, am auzit foarte multe lucruri bune despre dr. Laura. Stii ca va fi un film cu ea aratat in cinema numai pe 5 si 6 mai? Uite link-ul: http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/details/Dr_Laura.html
Pentru mine, sa pot sta acasa cu copiii mei este o onoare. Anii acestia de inceput sunt cei mai importanti in vietile lor, si asta e sansa noastra ca parinti sa ii invatam cat de mult putem pe toate planurile. Dupa asta, nu mai avem o sansa atat de buna, pentru ca scoala si prietenii devin mai importanti. Din cauza asta trebuie sa stabilim o baza foarte buna.
Sti cand eram eu la liceu in Romania si ma gandeam la viata mea, la facultate si la viitorul meu nu am crezut niciodata ca o sa stau eu acasa cu copii mei fiindca mereu m-am gandidt la cariera mea. Dar cand l-am cunoscut pe Jeremy si apoi am avut-o pe Jasmine nu am vrut nimic mai mult decat sa pot sa fiu cu ea. Copii ne schimba mult! In cazul meu eu zic ca m-au facut o persoana mai iubitoare, o persoana cu mai multa rabdare, etc...
Ma bucur ca simti si tu la fel si ca doresti sa fi acasa cu copii tai:)
Happy you! I believe it is harder to be a mom in UK and to spend no more than a year home with your kids. Nice how you can cope financially and socially and i guess mentally :D
Post a Comment