Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Crafts

As many of you know, we made the ginger bread train on the 12th of December. It was fun to do it and easier than I thought it would be. I made the dough and baked it ahead of time so we could just enjoy putting the train together. If you want to do it, but have no time for cooking and stuff, you can use cardboard or maybe small boxes wrapped with paper. We made the train with Lia and her kids and it was so much fun. Of course, Aren ate most of the m&m's off the train and almost ruined my train, but I fixed it. Maybe I will put some more candies on it right before Christmas so we could enjoy it some more and than I don't care if it gets eaten. :D Well, I don't think that the gingerbread is good to eat after being out for that long. :D
With the remaining dough we made some Christmas tree decorations. I always wanted to make them, and I am s excited that I finally made them and this is definitely going to be a family tradition that will improve over the years. As Lia was job hunting the other day, we saw this ornaments at a gift store in the hospital and I really liked them. They were so expensive and I decided that I could go home and experiment. And so, I went home and experimented till I made this 2 Ornaments and I love the way they turned out. We made other craft projects as well, and we are planing to make some more this week.
Once there was a Snowman is my daughters favorite songs. She loves Christmas songs and she is so cute when she sings them. Oh, how I love this time of the year and it hurts when people don't appreciate it. Christmas is just so magical!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the train!

Livia said...

Foarte dragute ornamentele:) Craciun Fericit!