Now I am even more paranoid about her teeth staying clean and my husband and I take turns brushing her teeth. Last night we all brushed it for her because after she brushed her teeth and I brushed her teeth she found some chocolate and was enjoying it. LOL Now we have to wait for her teeth to fall out.
Monday, January 18, 2010
I am so busted!!!!
My sweet little Aren has been complaining about her teeth for a while but she always seemed to complain about them on weekends when there were no dentists open. It was my plan to take her in, but with all the craziness around the Holidays and Aric being laid off and our insurance being canceled I was just overwhelmed at the cost of the procedure. Finally we got an insurance for the kids which was most needed. Aren's tooth swell up and it happened on a Friday of course when all the pediatric dentists were closed. We called an emergency office and they told us that we had to consult with our pediatrician because she needed some antibiotics for the swelling. She was on antibiotics the whole weekend and then on Monday morning I took her in to be checked. She had 16 cavities and she only has 20 teeth. I was so embarrassed, how could that happen when we always brush her teeth and for every occasion there was she got a new toothbrush. Even Santa brought her a new spin brush and she thinks it is the coolest thing ever. I got her a pony toothbrush just to make it more enjoyable and she was doing great with brushing and we brushed it after she did every night. Anyways, she has so many cavities and some of them were not even visible to the eye; the dentist said that it was because we don't floss her teeth enough, which is true. It is hard to floss her teeth, but I think that is more than just flossing; it is also genetics. Aric was kind enough to take the blame on himself; what a great husband I have!!! LOL He said that when he was young he always had cavities and it would drive him crazy. Also Aren and Aric have something else in common; they can not suck on a candy, they have to chew on it. I never really had as many cavities growing up, especially on my bottom front teeth and I never flossed. But I probably didn't have as many candies either. :P
So, they scheduled us for dentoalveolar structures, which is a surgery where they fix all her teeth at once. We went in on a Thursday morning at 6 am. Aren actually woke up at around 5 and she didn't seem tired at all. We got ready and headed for the surgical center in Provo.
Aren was not happy at all when she realized that she had to wear that cloth on her. LOL I kept telling her that she is going to see a doctor so she would be prepared. As I was getting her ready I felt very anxious. It reminded me of a movie; The Boy in strapped PJ's. I do not know exactly why it reminded me of that, but maybe because she was in distress and wearing a hospital gown on her. When the anastigialogist came and he explained the procedure, it made me anxious again. I tried to be calm because of her. They had to put her out and they said that the gas they will use to make her sleep smells like strawberries and that she will need a breathing tube that will breathe for her. Although I knew it was needed, it made me feel like it was unhuman to do that on somebody, especially on a little girl.
They had a toy room there to make the kids feel more comfortable It was nice to try to relax a bit. There was a little boy there who needed some ear tubes and they were playing together without knowing that in a few hours they will be in pain.
They came and took the little boy away with this wagon and Aren got really excited to go for a ride. The wait was killing me; the doctor had another operation and he was running late. So, we found the wagon and walked around the room till they came and took her away. She wasn't very happy, but she did not get off the wagon. The surgery was pretty fast; in less than an hour the doctor came to me and told me that everything went perfect and as soon as she will wake up they will call me. It was hard to go in and see Aren in pain with an IV in her arms and out of it. The little boy was there too although we couldn't see him. He kept crying and saying that he didn't like it and didn't want it at which Aren kept saying the same things. I kept rocking her and they kept giving her pain killers. When she discovered that she had an IV in she was very upset and kept saying that she wants it off. She didn't like the doctor neni (the lady doctor) LOL It was funny because it was a nurse who kept coming in; I just thought that t was so cute that she distinguished between a man and a woman. LOL They took the IV off as soon as she started drinking and then she was feeling all better. She slept on the way home and a few hours at home. That day she was really cuddly; even Adam was cuddly which I enjoyed a lot. I love hugging and cuddling with my kids. It was a slow and long day.
Aren got 11 silver caps and 5 fillings. They didn't have to remove any teeth so that was good news. When she realized that she had silver caps on her back tooth she called herself a monster. LOL There is a show on Disney Channel called the Happy Monster Band and they are funny and friendly monsters. Then I took her in the bathroom so she can see her other silver teeth. She was so excited and probably felt special. Nadia came over later on and showed Aren that she had some silver teeth too. LOL Aren was so proud to show her hers.

Now I am even more paranoid about her teeth staying clean and my husband and I take turns brushing her teeth. Last night we all brushed it for her because after she brushed her teeth and I brushed her teeth she found some chocolate and was enjoying it. LOL Now we have to wait for her teeth to fall out.
Now I am even more paranoid about her teeth staying clean and my husband and I take turns brushing her teeth. Last night we all brushed it for her because after she brushed her teeth and I brushed her teeth she found some chocolate and was enjoying it. LOL Now we have to wait for her teeth to fall out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh... saracuta ma bucur macar ca nu au trebuit sa scoata nici un dinte afara si restul o sa-i schimbe in cativa ani. Si Jasmine si Andrew au avut verificarea de 6 luni la dentist astazi dimineata si ma bucur ca nu au avut nici o carie-nici Andrew nici Jasmine.
Wow, nu imi vine sa cred. Imi pare rau ca a trebuit sa treceti prin asta dar ma bucur ca ati gasit doctori care sa aiba grija de ea si totusi ca nu i-a scos dintii. Am o nepoata careia i-au scos nu stiu cati dinti, mai ales cei din fata. A fost vampira multi ani. Si acuma trage ponoase si are 8 ani, de abia i-au iesit aia de sus. Cred ca e ceva genetic. Ei i-au zic ca are o boala ceva la enamel. Sper sa nu mai apara altele. Cu drag!
Wow! Imi dau seama prin ce emotii ai trecut tu, vazand-o cu iv-ul si toate alea. O operatie e operatie, indiferent de ce gen, mai ales cand e anestezie generala! Ma bucur mult ca totul a mers bine. Si eu cred ca e ceva genetic. Nu se poate ca asa de multi dinti sa fie afectati numai de la rontait bomboane!:) Succes mai departe.
Post a Comment