Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ice Skating at 7 Peaks

Aren has been bugging me for months now that she wanted to go ice-skating. She might have seen it on TV and Disney on Ice was way too cool to inspire her to want to try out ice-skating. One day we went to Kid to Kid and I saw some roller skates and I thought that I would try them on Aren to see if she can stand up on her own. She wanted to have nothing with the roller blades and I thought that if she can't stand on them she will not be able to stand on skates. But I was wrong; Aren did fantastic!!! People were staring at her and they asked me if we come there often; they were surprised to find out that it was the first time she's ever been there. :D At the beginning she was hesitant and she did not know what to do, but the little walker helped out. Also seeing Bianca and Nadia gave her courage. She did not want to get off of the ice even though she was definitely tired.
It was also cool to see Mr. Zamboni clean the ice. It reminded me of my college years when I took a Hokey class; I miss school so much!!!
Nadia also loved ice skating; she declared it to be her favorite winter sport. haha
And of course, Aren fell a few times, but not that often. She did not mind falling on the ice. I am contemplating on taking her to some ice-skating lessons next month; I think she would love it.
There were so many people there; of course it was family night and they had good family deals. :D Aric stayed home to fix the bathroom, but he did not do that much to it. Next time he is coming with us.

Adam hated the whole thing. He had to stay with Bunica and he cried for most of the time. He was probably tired and confused.

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Ce marfa! Si noua ne place sa patinam. Cand am fost prima data la patinoar aici, in Utah, Zach era cam de varsta lui Adam si a plans tot timpul! A fost ca un cosmar.:) Dar acum ii place.:)

Livia said...

Ce frumos! Ma bucur ca fetele au avut un timp grozav.
Si eu vreau sa invat sa ma d-au pe patine. Sunt singura din familia mea care inca nu stie sa inoate bine sau sa patineze/ schieze. Am multe inca de invatat.