I also made an easy taco dip and a layered dip and they turned out so delicious. It was the first time that I made the crock pot dip. I have the recipe on my food blog (there is a link on the upper right side)
I messed up on my first batch and I had to make another one. Luckly I made it the night before to make sure that it will turn out just right. The second batch turned out perfect and so I left it in the fridge and decorated it the next day. I didn't want to waste the imperfect cakes, so I decided to make a car cake as well and I am glad I did so, because I could write happy Birthday on it and I was also able to put a candle in more easily so it would be close enough for Adam when he had to blow it out.
Adam had no clue what was going on, but he enjoyed all the good singers and all the attention that he got. He was so surprised by the cake and he wanted to touch it so bad. I tried to help him blow the candle out, but he was just looking at me so I had to do it.
The train cake came in handy when I had to give him a piece of it. I just gave him a train car and he was more interested with what was on it then the actual cake. He did not want to eat the cake, just the frosting and the liquorice.
He was enjoying his liquorice way too much!!!
Then it was time for presents and he surely received so many things; food, clothing, toys, a sippy cup, and a big boy car seat. :D
I haven't taken him to the doctor yet, but he weighs 19 pounds and 28-29 inches (according to my measurements). I will write again after I visit the doctor.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Happy Birth-Day Adam
Adam turned One year Old on the 24th of February. He has been a joy in our lives and he makes us happy every single day. This year has gone by way too fast for us. Adam is a morning person; he wakes up in the morning and talks and plays in his room until somebody goes and picks him up. He also enjoys sharing a room with Aren because he stares at her as she sleeps and tries to wake her up in the morning. LOL He also loves Aren's bed and he gets so excited when I put him on her bed. This is my little guy when he woke up; he is full of smiles and jumps in his bed when he sees the door open. He is such a smart little fellow. :P
Well, I was contemplating on buying a cake for his birth-day because I do not do well with the stress of making sure that everything turns out well for the party. I tried to decide on a theme for his birth-day, but I just couldn't. First I thought that I should make an M&M party because his grandma sent us M&m;s with our names on them, but I couldn't find a cake for it. As I looked online I found this train cake recipe, but I thought that it looked kind of Christmasy (we made a gingerbread train for Christmas). Then I saw a car cake that looked great, but I thought that I will probably do a car cake latter on when he is older and when he is going to request one. Finally I decided on the train cake. :D It was a lot easier to make than the ginger bread train. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/train-cake/5685f320-1e5c-4ebb-b2cd-1ab73633b016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
La multi ani, Adam! Ti-au iesit bine torturile.
La multi anisori,frumoasule!:D
Mi-ai facut pofta de tort.Arata super bine,esti experta la torturi:D
Post a Comment