Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fun and not so fun times

Aren started pre-school on the 7th of September. She was so excited to go to pre-school; can't you tell how excited she is? On the 6th we went to meet and greet the teacher. I took a picture of her, but I did not realize that she had her eyes closed. Ben and Emma are in her class as well; they are also in our ward. Aren's teacher is Miss. Susan and she seems to be the strictest teacher out there. She explained to us that the proper way to write a name is by starting with a capital letter and that all the other ones should be lower case. A kid said that he knew how to write his name already and her reply was: well, if you don't write it with upper case first and then the rest lower case than you are doing it wrong. Who says that to a 4-5 year old? LOL Aren already brought home some homework; she had some coloring pages and the letter L. Before I realized, she colored everything green; that's just not the proper way to do it - I wonder if her teacher will tell her that. I told her that she should color everything the way they are supposed to be, but she said that her favorite color is green, so there you go. I thought her favorite color was purple, but it seems that it changes every now and then. :D
Aric changed his job and he no longer works for the RAM construction company but he works for Cowboy roadside; fixing trucks and semi's. I think that his salary almost doubled which is awesome. I was so excited that now he is going to spend more time with us having a set schedule: 8-5, but he is also on call. I am not sure if I have seen him more now because of his job, but the times he is with us we want to spend it right. So, this Saturday we went up the Payson canyon and had some fun. Our friends from SLC volunteered to come and babysit our kids so we can go out for dinner. They even payed for us to go to a restaurant; they made a deal with Aric and he helped them out with some of their cars (he was also payed for that too). Then Lia came over and took over the babysitting part so we could go to Stake conference; Elder Scott was there and the conference was so awesome. We never make it to the Saturday session and I am glad that we went because Adam got really sick that night and we couldn't go to church on Sunday. After we came home from conference we decided to go watch Harry Potter after being out for almost 2 months. So, Lia stayed home and watched Nanny Mc.Phee with the kids. I am so grateful that we were able to go out; I can't remember the last time we spent so much time together. Thank you Lia, Kathy, and Norm for babysitting our kids.


As I said, Adam got sick. He didn't sleep to well that night and he was complaining about his tummy; he also had a fever. He was sick Sunday and Monday. We even gave him Mountain Dew and he felt so good, but than he didn't sleep that well the following night. We even took him to the doctor because we didn't want to run him to the ER in the middle of the night. Then he started complaining about his ears and he was so miserable. He was doing better on Tuesday, but by then Aren got sick; she never gets quite as sick as Adam. On Wednesday Adam was sick again and I kept him on Tylenol the whole day; he ate a little bit more this time and now he looks well again.
As for me, I decided to take ice-skating lessons at the same time as Aren takes them. I had my first lesson and I almost passed a whole level. It was a great exercise, better than I expected. Now I decided to go to the gym and take some Yoga or Zumba classes; I still need to loose around 20 pounds. I lost a little over 30 pounds so far and I am excited about that, but I am not done. They say that I need patience; it took me 9 months to put all that weight on and I shouldn't expect to loose it all in just 2 months.

5 comments:

Ioana said...

I love reading the updates on your cute family! While they teach them to write their name like that in kindergarten (start with capital letter then all lower case letters), the way that teacher talks to the kids is just not right! Can you change her? That's not strict; it's just plain mean!
Anyway, congrats to Aric for finding a better job and for you guys having more time together. Family time is the most important!
Also, I'm sorry to hear the kids have been sick. That's not fun! And congrats on your ice skating lessons! Pics???LOL

CGhica said...

Darn those teachers!!I had a mean 1st grade teacher, and it was miserable. Does she seem to enjoy it? I wish my mom had changed me to a nicer teacher,it makes all the difference!

Annie Hawkins said...

Well, I figured that it is just for pre-school and she seems to enjoy it so far. She loves to learn and be in the company of other kids. There are parents volunteering every week, so I hope they will play a great role and be positive with these kids. he funny think is that the little boy who said that he knows how to write his name he is one of the smartest kids I have ever met; he knows hot to read and write and spell and so forth. He bares his testimony every fast Sunday and gives the talks in Primary. This coming Monday will be my time to volunteer and I am curious how it will be

Livia said...

I taught preschool for a year and I loved it:)But,I was kind and understanding to all the little children,some kids just learn things at a different pace. I also expected the same from the other parents/teaches. I know you will do great Annie:)

Miky said...

Mult succes lui Aren la preschool!Multa sanatate la copilasi si la multe lunite lui Lizzy,printesica voastra!
Felicitari Aureliei pentru ajutorul cu copii si servici usor lui Aric!Pupici de la noi.