First day of school Aren was asked to draw a picture of herself and this is what she drew. I was a little surprised by the drawing and I asked her what it was (it didn't look anything like a person) and she told me that it was her as a baby in my tummy. You have to remember that at that time I was pregnant with Lizzy and she was so fascinated with my belly.

So, I went to Parent teacher conference and I was told that my daughter can't draw a recognizable person with at least 7 bodyparts. I was a little shocked because I've seen Aren draw our whole family and it didn't look anything like that so when I came home I asked her to draw a picture of herself and instead she drew her father. LOL

Then she started drawing herself and soon it started to look like her school picture; there is a head in that belly, but she colored it the same color; after all, you can't see the baby in mommy's belly without an ultrasound. LOL

I have lots of pictures drawn by her that look like this; our whole family with me pregnant. LOL I guess that's how she remembers me, with a belly. LOL And the next picture is once more a picture of her in my belly; it started out as a face and it ended up all blue and unrecognizable.

And finally a picture that she draw a few weeks ago; if you can't tell, this is a superhero. She was so excited about Halloween that she drew this and when I asked her what she drew she looked at me puzzled like I should have known; after all it is obvious that it is a Super. :P

During the Parent Teacher conference I was told everything that my daughter couldn't do. I felt like I was at a doctor's office and that I was pointed out all the problems that my kid had. Some of those things I thought were a little overboard. I was told that Aren can't sort her colors and that she can't repeat a nursery rhyme. She can definitely do both of those things. Humpty Dumpty is our favorite nursery rhyme and when I came home I asked her to sing it to me and she did. I have to do a recording of her because she is just too cute.
I was also told that she doesn't recognize the color brown; that is because she says it in Hungarian. Silly girl, but after all why should we remember the colors we don't like (such as gray) LOL In every book that I own, they never include brown nor gray and I wonder why.
I was reminded again that next month they will learn how to write their names and they should do it properly; starting with an upper case and going to lower case. Aren loves to do things in her own way and if I try to push her to do it in any other way, she shies away and refuses to do it. I tried all sorts of bribery and now she started writing (she copies it). I was also told by her teacher that the proper way to write an A is pointed rather than rounded. I thought it was so cute that Aren wrote her A's rounded and she definitely knows how to draw a triangle. I was never taught to write A's pointed; we were taught cursive since day one. I guess times changed, or maybe cultures, but I am so proud of Aren; she is so smart and bright. She has a great sense of direction and I love everything about her. She is my great helper and yesterday we had a great day shopping together and I was reminded by her that I was the best mommy ever (after I bought her a Barbie doll; I was looking for that doll for a year now - off and on). I told her that it is part of her B-day gift and she was ok with that. :D I hope she will forget about it till her B-day, but she has a pretty good memory. :D Would it be a bad thing t celebrate her B-day now; she can't tell time anyways and she is so excited to be 5.
4 comments:
I would seriously change teachers or schools! She's not in kindergarten yet and that woman is way over the top with her requests. It sounds like she's VERY negative. You can't be that harsh on 4-5 year old kids. That's too much! I think Aren is a smart, sweet little girl! Just let her be her own cute little self.
hm, she's got a weird teacher, but i guess practise will make it perfect in the end...
Well, Aren really loves pre-school and she has not complained about anything. I think she is too busy to notice. She also has her best friend in class and some other kids she already knows. i don't think her teacher points out all those things to her. My problem was that Aren drew that picture at the beginning and she didn't even take the time to listen to her why she drew it that way. She doesn't seem to explain a lot because she said that she told Aren to give her a few items and she gave her a lot. If I would see that Aren doesn't like it I would probably talk to her or switch teachers. Aren jumps out of bed every morning when she knows she has to go to school and she gets super excited. :D
E bine ca la Aren ii place la scoala. Si tu sti cel mai bine ceea ce poate sa faca copilul tau asa ca nu conteaza ce zice profesoara aia. O pup pe scumpica ta:)
Post a Comment