Sunday, January 15, 2012

Parent teacher conference

Yet another Parent Teacher conference and I just have to blog about it. LOL I am getting the hang of it and now I learned to just nod whenever the teacher tells me something and not sound surprised. LOL I think I understand why some parents prefer Home Schooling over Public schools; I felt like the teacher did not know Aren at all and the things that she pointed out to me where not any concerns that I ever had about her.
  • I was told that Aren does not know her family name, but she knows her fathers first and Last name. LOL She does not know my name either. I almost laughed at this one because she calls me by name every now and then. She even knows my real name instead of my nick name. I was just wondering why did the teacher even pointed out that Aren does not know my last name instead of just explaining it to her that all family members share the last name. Geeee!!!!!
  • Then I was told that she does not know how to sort by size; I am not sure what they did and how was she suppose to sort by size. Maybe she just did not understand the directions because we talk about size quite often and she even knows that daddy is bigger than mommy. LOL (That's quite important I think) LOL
  • By this one I was the most shocked; I was told that she can't recognize number 4 and 7. Really now!!! If she has any problems with numbers that would be 2 and 5 if they are together because they look kind of the same except they are backwards. On our way home I asked Aren to tell me the numbers on my radio and she was able to tell me all the numbers. The teacher said that she knows enough numbers to be ready for Kindergarten. I was just shocked because she even knows higher numbers and she is able to tell time now.
  • And yet another one: Aren wrote her name just fine. She mest up the letter r and tried to correct it, but in rest it looked normal to me. She pointed out that Aren needs to write her n's in the right way and she proceeded to show me in slow motion what she meant. I was almost laughing at this point. I went home and asked Aric what he thought of Aren's n's and he said it looked good. Apparently the education system wants her to write it the wright way. LOL
Her teacher also suggested that when I teach my other kids how to write I should do it in the proper way especially when it comes to their names; so if they want to write it with upper case I just should correct it. I was just so excited that Aren knew how to write her upper case letters that I did not care if it was the proper way and as I said before, we learned cursive in school and were forced to write with our right hands, so the system is quite different here.
All in all I was told that she did better this time. Some of the things that were pointed out were not even required for her to know anyways. I just think it is so funny how her teacher reacts to things.
Aren told me the other day that Mrs. Susan won't be her teacher any more and she is right. Next year she is going to get a new teacher. Aren likes her, so I don't worry at all, I just blog about it because I think it is way too funny and her teacher made me write it down.
I am very proud of my Aren. Now that she has an Inotab and she figured out how to add things to her calendar, she keeps writing all the names that she knows and she constantly is asking about how to spell things. Now she can even tell me the beginning sounds of words. I think that she is a bright little girl and I could not be prouder of her. LoVe you stinky head!!!!!!

5 comments:

Ioana said...

Wow! You are WAY to patient with this woman! She is obviously not a good teacher, especially for a preschool!!! That's why I don't do preschool with my kids. I teach them stuff at home and they're just fine in kindergarten (plus it saves a lot of money :). Aren seems to know A LOT of stuff and that lady is plain BLIND or doesn't pay enough attention to her. I don't know why you put up with her...

Annie Hawkins said...

Preeschool is free over here and Aren has some good friends there. I don't think she cares now. She loves it though and if I would try to switch or take her out she would hate me. LOL

Dahlee J said...

I don't think wel'll send our kids to preschool and I really hope that we can afford private schools rather han the public ones.

Adina Bucknall said...

ooooooooooohhhh so much stress. shoot that woman!

Annie Hawkins said...

I don't think public schools are bad, it all depends on the teacher. We have some good teachers too.