Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

In my early and mid 20's I never worried about my weight or health. I considered myself pretty healthy; my mother was a great cook and she even made homemade noodles. Fast food wasn't an option for me; I walked everywhere because riding a buss was expensive and I just got used to walking. When I first came to the States to serve my mission, my Mission President asked me during an interview if I had an eating disorder; I had no clue what he was talking about because in my culture I've never heard of that. I remember one of my companions was amazed at how my legs didn't touch, but I didn't think much of that at that point; I thought it was normal. Now calculating my BMI I realized that I was underweight at that time. I don't think I ever thought of myself as being skinny either.

After I got married and started having kids things changed for me. With every pregnancy that I had, I gained over 50 pounds and I only lost 40. It wasn't a big deal at the beginning because that put me in the normal category and I was only a size 2. After having 3 kids and retaining 10 pounds with all of them (30 total) made me a little overwhelmed; I was almost overweight. I know how hard it is to loose weight and I did not want it to go out of control. Although I love kids, the fear of having another one and keeping an extra 10 pounds doesn't sound so good to me, so I had to do something about it.

I heard about Isagenix, a cleansing and weightless program that sounded good to me. One of my friends from my mission field shared some information with me and I was amazed at all the results people got. I didn't realize that my body needed to be cleansed so I decided to try it out a few years ago and I had some amazing results at that time, but my friends talked me out of it telling me that I could actually cleanse my body through some other ways too; they suggested water, apple juice, cabbage soup, and eating healthy and exercising. Well, I consider myself a pretty healthy eater and I go to the gym at least twice a week too, but nothing helped me feel healthy and loose weight and then I realized that I needed to give another shot to Isagenix and not care about what others say.

Why do I like Isagenix? Because it is not just a weight loss program, it also cleanses your body from toxins and gives you a lots of energy. Because I was not able to do a normal cleansing while I was nursing, I decided to just start with a maintenance program and I lost 10 pounds in one month or even less; I did not realize that it was because of Isagenix till somebody said something on facebook and then it clicked to me. I did a 9 day cleansing as soon as I wasn't nursing anymore and my results were just amazing, just like last time I did it. I have lost 9 lbs, 9 inches in 9 days, and I feel amazing. I feel like I have more energy than I did before. I am just amazed at how well we care about other things in our life, such as our cars and homes and we clean them constantly, but we forget about our own body; we neglect it and feel it up with impurities. During this 9 day I didn't feel that I was starving myself, rather I felt like my body was nourished and replenished with good nutrients. Because I still want to loose some weight I am doing a 30 day cleansing and fat burning program; it is nice that you can choose a program according to your needs. I also have a lot of help from my coach and support team on facebook. It is just amazing how nice people are on the support team and it is also nice to read about other people's success stories.

I want to thank Sean Escobar for introducing me to this amazing life changing experience and thank you Lilibeth MacLean for checking up on me all the time even if you don't know me; it felt really good to share my feelings and have your support.

Here are some sites in case you want to learn more about Isagenix.

https://www.bodyalive.com/
http://www.weightlosshalloffame.net/
http://www.isagenixhealth.net/
http://www.isagenixpodcast.com/

1 comment: