Monday, July 2, 2012

10 Year VA Mission Reunion

 Over Father's Day weekend we went to my 10 year mission reunion; we decided to go camping and mingle instead of having a traditional mission reunion where you don't get the chance to talk that much. It was a great turn out; a very cold night, but still fun.
 I was so excited that my trainer, Sister Westberg, was able to come from AZ; the reunion was at East Canyon resort.
 I served in a threesome with Sister Wood; I only saw 2 of my companions.
This is a picture of all the missionaries that were able to come; some served before me and actually I never served under President and Sister Feller; they left right when I got there. My mission president was supposed to be there too with his wife, but he had some health issues.
This is a picture of everyone present; pretty good turn out!!!
And this is a picture of the sister missionaries during our mission in Virginia; it was taken at a sister's conference and we all had matching scarfs; I am not sure what I did with mine.
I am so glad that I had a chance to serve a mission; Virginia was the best mission on earth for me at that time. I learned so much and I grew so much during those 18 months. I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy and happiness it brought to my life; I would not be the same person without it. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of Christ and that He made it possible for us to return to Heavenly Father. I am also thankful for the Plan of Salvation and for modern day Prophets; President Thomas S Monson is our prophet today and I love listening to General Conference. God Lives and The Church of Jesus Christ is once again on Earth; how awesome is that!!!! I truly feel blessed to be on Earth during this dispensation of time.

1 comment:

Ioana said...

Cat de frumos!!! Tin minte cand te-am vazut atunci la Biserica in VA! Chiar au trecut 10 ani!:) Cred ca atunci a fost ultima data cand ne-am vazut in persoana, nu?